1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Triumph Live at the US Festival question

Discussion in 'Music' started by Todd Stout, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Do any of you have this? I see that there is both a DVD and a CD of this release. The listing for it at Half.com shows the CD includes a bonus DVD. If that is the case, is that the same DVD that is available as a separate release? I am having trouble figuring this one out.

http://www.triumphmusic.com

2. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Whoops... I just found the answer to my question.

3. Todd Smigelski

Todd Smigelski Stunt Coordinator

Todd...
    I'm interested. Let me know your opinion on this pkg if you buy it.

Thanks

4. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I have been looking for the DVD in stores for about the last month or so with no luck whatsoever. I think I'm going to go ahead and order it from Amazon (the only online retailer that I have found to have it). I'll let you know how it is.

Just an update:
    I just ordered both the CD and the DVD online. Hopefully I'll have them in the next week or so.

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Yes, yes. I saw this at a local record store and wondered about the video and audio quality. Let us know. [​IMG]

6. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Well Amazon sure was on the ball. I just go the DVD and CD in the mail this afternoon.

Anyway, the picture is a little soft, I assume due to the DVD being made from a 20 year old videotape. I also noticed some compression artifacts in the picture but the DVD is still very much watchable. The DTS audio mix is very good however. Any complaints I have about the video quality are more than made up by the audio quality. I have only watched Lay it on the Line and I'm now watching Never Surrender but I'll have to say this is a very good performance by Triumph. I recommend this DVD to any Triumph fans out there and anyone that's curious about what the US Festival was all about.

I live about 8 miles from where the US Festival happened and I still regret not going. I was only 13 at the time and really had no way of getting there though. I saw the 90 minute US Festival shows on Showtime back in the 80's so I know footage exists of all the bands. Now if we could just get some more US Fesitval DVDs, I could see some more of what I missed on those three days (back then, I really only wanted to go on heavy metal Sunday but I'd love to see the other days now too).

7. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Cool, thanks. Sounds like one to get.