Trista and Ryan's Wedding (The Bachelorette)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Phil Kim, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Phil Kim

Phil Kim Stunt Coordinator

OK, say it. I watched the darn show. In my defense, there wasn't much else on and I just wanted some background noise. :b :b :b

I don't remember who the host was, but he sure is annoying to the max. So phony. Overreacting to every detail.

As for the wedding ceremony itself, despite all the money they must've spent, it was pretty lame and rather artificial looking. I am sure it looked great in person, but on my TV, it looked all too over planned. Music was cheesily arranged (poor use of synthesizer, cello, and wind instruments) and the set looked like a wedding cake conceived by Queer Eyes for the Straight Guy (no offense to their fans). And what the heck was that sand thing? How lame!

And Trista and Ryan. Geeze. What an annoyingly fake couple. Yeah, Ryan is a good looking guy and Trista looked pretty good with all that makeup and expensive dresses (although she looked disproportionally short against tall Ryan and equally tall priest), but they are so blatantly commercial individuals. No chemistry. So fake.

I am glad helicopters brought at least some spontaneity in this otherwise over-rehearsed, over-planned crap.

Well, that pretty much sums it up. Fake. Enjoy your million dollar prize, America's fake couple.

P.S. There's still half an hour worth of show to go, but I will quit while I am ahead.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I only caught bits and pieces of it while channel surfing during the World Poker Tour (Ladies Night edition), and I was gagging on the mixing of the colored sand during their ceremony. Corny.

So what's the over/under on how long before they divorce?

3. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

The whole thing was over the top, but what do you expect from a 3.5 millon dollar wedding, and all a wedding is is a big production anyway.

But the show paid those two millions of dollars for letting it be filmed.

I would have liked to fast forward, but had someone there that prevented that.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think ABC is just happy that 1 out of 4 (not counting the just wrapped Bachelor Bob edition) of the Bachelor/ette shows produced a wedding (where the first 3 all broke up afterwards).

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Not only that, Patrick, isn't this the first of all the dating shows to produce a wedding? I think it's pretty cool, actually. I had no interest in watching it though.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It might be...I'm rummaging through my cluttered mind on that topic...

How about that "I married a Millionaire" show that ended with a quickee annulment afterwards? [​IMG]

7. PeteyG

PeteyG Stunt Coordinator

Is it me, or does Trista just keep getting uglier and more annoying each time she's on TV? I'm at the point where I truly hope her 15 minutes of fame is long over!!!

To me, the wedding was more tacky than anything else. I know she likes pink, but that was a little much.

I do think that these were the only 2 from a reality "dating" show that produced a marriage. However, I'm pretty sure that Judd & Pam from the Real World San Francisco season got married.

Pete

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Actually, from the Real World, Sean (Boston season) and Rachel (San Francisco season?) got married as well (but they were from different seasons).

9. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

10. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I cant imagine two people being more exposed then these two, well, except maybe Ben and Jaylo.
    Pathetic how ABC has stretched this thing out.
    I am hoping their 15 minutes are up.

11. WillG

WillG Producer

Well, I give it a year, 2 tops. From what I heard, Trista has never been "Satisfied" by a man and this is resulting in an indifference to "Relations" on her part. This cannot be good for a marriage. This union is being sustained on hype and media coverage and worst of all, money. Once it all goes away, bye bye marriage.

12. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

Yes, what is she going to do once the audience has stopped watching?

What cracked me up was the self importance the hosts were trying to project with their lame ass commentary and their "Mutual Of Omaha" hush tones.

All the participants were so uncomfortable that they resembled caged animals in a zoo.

For a wedding that cost $4 million, why did they not hire a wedding planner from Hollywood, who could really have "staged" a great wedding?

And what's the deal with describing this as "the wedding of the decade"?

The last time I heard that was during Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding and we all know how that turned out.

13. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

I'm sad I missed this one...well, not really. I dunno. I couldn't really stand Trista, and I have a feeling this wedding will last only as long as the attention that follows it.

14. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    The helicopters were a major annoyance watching the show. Can you imagine how they must've drowned everything out in person?

If you're going to spend upwards of $4 million on a wedding anyway, why not invest in a few shoulder-fired missiles? [​IMG]

Rob

15. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

16. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Yeah they mobbed up alright and their credibility continues to go down the toilet.

17. MikeDeVincenzo

MikeDeVincenzo Stunt Coordinator

Commericial TV is, by and large, dead as a creative artform. Utterly inert. They might as well just run commercials 24 hours a day and dispense with the "shows" which are just clearly in the way now.

18. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

Why were there helicopters anyway? Who was in them?

The damn wedding isn't a secret. Its on national TV, they want every American to watch it.

"People" magazine already has an issue out on this wedding.

Such fake hype. Like these 2 needed paparazzi.

19. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

20. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Hahaha, yeah that makes no sense whatsoever. Like Jay Leno said, they probably had TVs in the helicopters, since you got a better look on TV.