What's new

Trio raids TV vaults in Dec. - Teddy Z, Profit, Action, others (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Just caught an ad on the cable network Trio that December will be "Brilliant But Cancelled" month. They will be showing episodes from a handful of shows given the boot by the networks. Two of my favorite cancelled series are represented: Action and The Famous Teddy Z.
Check out the website here for more:
http://www.triotv.com/programs/shows/bbc/home.html
I hope this goes well, and they make a habit of showcasing deserving shows that made it less than one season.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
teddy z was one of the best almost umknown shows ever on for less then 1 season. or 1 season.

al floss was the best.

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Trio is absolutely kicking butt. They just replayed the first season of Profit, and they're going to play the whole season of Action in Brilliant but Cancelled, the set of series that got axed before their time. I've been trying for years to find anyone who had taped Profit. I loved that show so much! Now I have the whole season on tape! (If only I had it on a pvr so I could dvd-ram it... oh, well.) Now Action and Gun are coming on, along with other shows that I didn't know about, but they should be good too. Did anyone else watch Profit? It is sooooo good. They're going to replay the whole season on dec. 23. And Action with Jay Mohr was supa good too...

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! Trio Rules!

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
They're also replaying a show from 1963-64 that I don't think has been seen in years: East Side/West Side starring George C. Scott (yes, Patton himself) as a New York City social worker. The guest stars and supporting players feature a lot of familiar faces (much younger, of course; recognizing them can be a challenge). Filmed in black and white, the series is a fascinating piece of history -- not only of the time it portrayed but of how TV shows of that era were paced, performed and edited.

M.

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
When Profit was on it was my absolute favorite show. That guy was very disturbed.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I just caught the Brilliant But Canceled documentary program tonight. It was really interesting to see what the network folks are thinking...or aren't thinking. Highly recommended viewing.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Hmm, what is Trio anyway, I just got Direct TV hooked up after the local cable company called me a video pirate and now that I have Direct TV with the Total Choice Plus I have all kinds of new channels and Trio is included.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Trio is channel 315 on directv.
I love "Brilliant But Cancelled" and Ernie Kovacs is pretty cool too.
Can't wait for Kolchak the Night Stalker coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks