What's new

Trinity And Beyond: P&S only? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking for Trinity And Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie, and I've only found P&S versions. It's possible that this was how it was shot, since it's a documentary and most of the bomb footage is 16MM anyway, but I just want to make sure that this is the way it's meant to be seen. Anyone have it?

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I have this and it's really cool...yes it's P/S only.

Mike

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am quite sure this doc. was shot at 1.33. In any case, it looks just great - beautiful transfer, with incredible sound.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
OAR is 1.33:1, heck it's mostly 16mm film shot for archival purposes. There was no reason for any artistic composition

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely, it's a must have--and you are required to have it your house by the end of the week. And, yes, not only is the digitally restored footage presented in the original 1.37:1 aspect ratio, the documentary segments weaving the entire feature together were framed the same. Really fascinating piece--and it kind of eats at you emotionally, as well. JB

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Jack, I knew something was off balance, we haven't disagreed in weeks :)
I thought The Atomic Cafe was a far better film than Trinity, though it does lack the booming 5.1 track

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks