Trinity And Beyond: P&S only?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Walsh, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Andrew Walsh

Andrew Walsh Stunt Coordinator

I've been looking for Trinity And Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie, and I've only found P&S versions. It's possible that this was how it was shot, since it's a documentary and most of the bomb footage is 16MM anyway, but I just want to make sure that this is the way it's meant to be seen. Anyone have it?

2. STLMIKE

STLMIKE Stunt Coordinator

I have this and it's really cool...yes it's P/S only.

Mike

3. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I am quite sure this doc. was shot at 1.33. In any case, it looks just great - beautiful transfer, with incredible sound.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

OAR is 1.33:1, heck it's mostly 16mm film shot for archival purposes. There was no reason for any artistic composition

5. Andrew Walsh

Andrew Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys. Just checking. I'll have to nab this now.

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Absolutely, it's a must have--and you are required to have it your house by the end of the week. And, yes, not only is the digitally restored footage presented in the original 1.37:1 aspect ratio, the documentary segments weaving the entire feature together were framed the same. Really fascinating piece--and it kind of eats at you emotionally, as well. JB

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Jack, I knew something was off balance, we haven't disagreed in weeks [​IMG]
    I thought The Atomic Cafe was a far better film than Trinity, though it does lack the booming 5.1 track