Triggering Marantz 700's with Lexicon MC-1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron Boster, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Currently, I turn the amps on and off via two X10 plug-ins. I'd like to use the triggering option....so I tried it with the daisy chained and the external video detection. I used the video out from the DBS and SOny DVD (with a y-adapter into the rca input on the first monoblock). The Sony signal didn't trigger anything and I got out of sync with the DBS signal. I'd turn off the DBS and the amps come on. I turn on the DBS and the amps go into stand by. I think I'm slightly above avg in intelligence, but man I couldn't get it back in sync.
    Now my two fold question...
    1) The Lex uses a bare wire (not rca) trigger out put. While the Marantz accepts an rca input for the ext trigger. Is there such a thing as bare wire on one end with rca at the other end or do I have to "modify" an rca cable?
    2) the Marantz comes with a small bare wire...is this for triggering? If so, where is the trigger input on the back of the unit, which accepts the bare wire?
    Thanks...I did a searach and couldn't find the answer from a previous post.
    Ron

2. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

Hi Ron,
    Too bad we couldn't make that Lex deal happen in time, but I hope you're having lots of fun with it nonetheless. I would heartily suggest that you visit smr-forums.com and post your query over on the Lexicon forum. You'll find the folks there most helpful. Or, ya might wanna ask your dealer.
    Randy
    ------------------

3. Shawn Fogg

Shawn Fogg Stunt Coordinator

"Is there such a thing as bare wire on one end with rca at the other end"
    Yes, Radio Shack sells them. Have them tell you which bare wire goes to the center contact of the RCA plug. That is the one that goes into the PWR trigger on the Lexicon. The other cable goes to ground.
    Shawn

4. Shawn Sefranek

Shawn Sefranek Second Unit

Or, just do what I did.
    Take one of those many “pack-in” cables that you probably have lying around and cut one end of RCA’s off with a utility knife.
    This is what I did to trigger my twin Parasound Mono Amps driving my SVS Subs.
    Parasound also uses RCA trigger connections.
    Shawn S