What's new

Tried In-And-Out burger, so What's the big deal? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

How big are the patties?

Most I ever ate at a fast food joint was Triple Classic with double meat, fries, an order of nuggets, and a Sprite. Didn't Biggie size it though. And yes, it's greasy as hell.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The patty is around the size of McDonald's, so Ron's record isn't that special.

~T

Chris Derby

Second Unit

I somewhat agree with you, with the exception of Fatburger. I don't even put FB in the same catagory as the others. There's no "fast" about it... you're gonna wait for the FB, and it's worth it! ;)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I'm disappointed none of the popular fast-food (most sit-down joints serve them) offer a mushroom burger. That is a sandwich with a large portobello cap instead of meat. I'm not a vegatarian, but I like to do something quasi-healthy for myself once or twice a year. And I really like mushrooms.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'll have to check it out when I go into St. Louis (I actually live in Eureka). I've only been here for about 3 weeks so I still don't know much about what's around here.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I agree with that. Any time I get back to California, I seek out Carls, Jr. and Winchell's Donuts. I've never had any urge to seek out an In-N-Out Burger.

Robyn

Stunt Coordinator
In-n-Out is so yummy! I eat there at least once a week. Never order from the regular menu. The secret menu is the way to go. I always order the Grilled Cheese with extra grilled onions and extra crispy fries with a side of burger sauce to dip them in. I love that they're cheap and usually pretty fast on service. One place I really want to try someday is White Castle. Ever since I saw Saturday Night Fever I've wondered what their burgers tasted like. Our local supermarket sells White Castle burgers in the freezer section, but it seems kinda scary.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll have to try another Fat Burger next time I hit the mall, it's the only place I've seen them and the only one I've had was quite a let down.

I'd have to say, no. They are a bit bigger. The McDees are very paper thin, at least on the Big Macs I've had.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's because I avoid fast-food joints. Maybe it's because I like being thin. Dunno. But I've never understood the fascination over In-N-Out either. A hamburger from the Johnnie Rocket's chain is better. Whatever. To each his or her own.

Matt Souza

Agent
One of the big draws for me with In-n-Out is there commitment to freshness and quality. Everyone knows that the cut their own potatoes on site with nothing else but potatoes and hot oil. What most people don't know is that they grind their own beef (not on site, but in a central location) to their spec's. I work with the company that supplies all of their trimmed shoulder/chucks (This is the most flavorfull peices of beef without going to the rib/loin), and the quality that they send to In-n-Out is outstanding. Their quality is far above the mcd's, carls, burgerking, or jack's.

I think their patty is a 5/1 or 3.2oz, McD's is an 8/1 or 2oz

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Yeah, In-N-Out's patty is a little bigger than McDonald's, but it's closest in size to McDonald's compared to most other fast food places.

I've only had them from the supermarket. You'd be surprised how good they taste. Make sure you buy more than one box.

~T

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
exactly.

i remember watching some show (60 minutes?) with this well known nutritional dude. he said the only fast food place he will take his family to is in-n-out. :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Along with their commitment to freshness is their commitment to cleanliness. My wife used to work at In-n-Out (her first job). She said that it was out of control how they hammered down on the employees with regards to being clean, washing hands..etc.

She once scratched an itch on her arm and the manager made her go back and wash up.

If so, that would make my 5 patty meal (4x4 + cheeseburger) 1 lb. of just beef. No wonder I feel asleep, my body went into a food coma. I sure could go for a double-double right now.

Also, not to get in the realm of religion but, all the Bible vs. on their packaging is pretty cool.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
YES! And this is what constantly irks me is that you have to remember to ask for it charbroiled. Not that frying it makes Fatburgers bad, but it's just so much better charbroiled. If I were the owner of that chain that would be my de facto standard. I'd get rid of the frying grills and increase the number of charbroilers. I wouldn't even offer fried burgers as an option.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
3x3 w/ grilled onions, protein style and a chocolate shake. My standard order at In'nOut. Love it!

Rob

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.

Maybe the 2 orders of fries and a shake pitched in too?

Man, that is crazy Ron. I feel ready to burst eating an animal double-double, fries, and a shake. You must be doubly blessed with a cow's stomach and a chetah's metabolism!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
true that joe!

i don't even order double-doubles anymore. just a regular hamburger and, if i'm in the mood, a shake. hell, i usually even split the fries with my kids. :b

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Guys, this was many years ago, nothing I'd even attempt in my old age. I'd be 6' under if I tried that now.

Now, my standard order is a double-double, cheeseburger (S&L only), fries and a water with lemon (hey, gotta cut back somewhere).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks