What's new

Tried In-And-Out burger, so What's the big deal? (1 Viewer)

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I think what makes In-N-Out my favorite is the fact the food is always consistently good. :emoji_thumbsup:

Sure, there may be places in California that serve better hamburgers, but they tend to be quite expensive and only sport a few locations. Meanwhile, In-N-Out are all over California, Nevada and Arizona.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I've been to the In&Out around Redding (back in 2000) and I've been to the Fatburger in Redmond, WA, a couple times, most recently in 2004.

In & Out was OK. It reminded me of how much better McD's was in the 1970's than it is today. It also remined me of a Seattle institution, Dick's, which gets way more raves than it has a right too. But how great aburger can you expect for $1-2?

I thought Fatburger was pretty good, but they were slow and as expensive as Red Robin, which I like more. If I am going to spend an hour having lunch and the bill is going to come to $10+, I'd rather the setting be more upscale than Fatburger can offer (and anyway, I only wanted to go to FB because Ice Cube mentioned them in a rap).

I've also been to the Burgerville chain in Oregon that gets raves, but was just OK.

I think you will find better burgers than all of the above at local places that may have one or two outlets in town than any state-wide or multi-state chain. All you can really expect from places like In&Out and other chains is uniformity. And if you like it, good for you.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I forgot about burgerville, they have good burgers, I used to eat there all the time.

we have an in-n-out clone here, I like the food.. for some reason when you're eating it I don't feel like OMG THIS IS THE BEST BURGER EVER but I crave them anyway after awhile, must be the crack cocaine.

everything is made fresh, and it takes forever here.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one that thinks In&Out is an unfortunate name for a restaraunt? (The burgers go In, the burgers go Out!)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Its better than what some kids do with the In & Out Burger bumper stickers by covering the first letter and the last letter of the word burger. In & Out ur... well you get it. :)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
A double-double? There's your first mistake, man.

Get yourself a 4x4, animal style. Then, we can talk. :)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
As for Fatburger...their burgers are ok, but their turkey burgers can't be beat! And, it's hard to find a turkey burger anywhere...

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I used to live close to In n' Out, and liked them as a fast food place, but not so much to the degree that people online sometimes say "oh, if you go to Vegas, you have to try it." That's just nonsense; it's a fastfood burger.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
nothing wrong with not liking a particular food joint.

that being said .... for me in-n-out burger is like eating a slice of heaven. i'm sure i've had hundreds in my lifetime...no kidding. during my college days i used to eat there several times a week. heck, i still go there at least once a week - my family calls it in-n-out-tuesdays!

in first place: in-n-out burger
in second place: tommy burger
in third place: fatburger
in fourth place: fuddruckers
in fifth place: squeezebox (a local joint with walls so greasy you could see it)

a while back i posted about the first time i went (in a long time) and ate a mickey d's burger ... talk about gross. i remembered why i hadn't eaten there in so long.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hey Tim Markley, there's a rather famous place in St.Louis down off of St.Charles Rock Road called Chuck-A-Burger that has fantastic burgers you might wish to try out.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I forgot about Tommy burger, I love that place but once or twice a year is enough. Talk about a messy delicious burger/fires (smothered of course) that grinds your innards to a standstill ;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i'm sure my consumption of tommy burgers is also in the triple digits. it's amazing i'm alive. but i've said it before and i'll say it again -- any burger where the grease seeps through the wrapping -- now *that's* a tasty burger!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My record stands at a 4x4, cheese burger, 2 fries and a shake. After that lunch, I went back to work and fell asleep.

They are the best "fast food" burger you can find. I've had Tommy's, Fatburger, McDees, Carls, Burger King, Jack in the crack, Del Taco's burger, and a few off the wall joints, none of these come close to the In-n-Out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks