What's new

***Tricky Problem: Connecting LCD TV to an external 5.1 ch speakers ??*** (1 Viewer)

gotovamsee

Auditioning
Real Name
Vamsi Krishna
Lemme thank all wonderfull administrators and thread owners serving this forum. Hometheaterforum rox.

Being considerably knowledgeable in audio connections and home theatre wiring, I was totally vexed trying to bring the sound of my new LVD TV from 5.1 channel speakers via sony receiver.

I could successfully connect my laptop and DVD player to my TV and get audio and video through reciever. But not the free to air channel audio from TV to external speakers.

I think connecting LCD TV to external speakers is an universal issue which is not properly explained at one stop.

If I had any composite/RCA audio out option for my TV, I wouldnt have posted this thread.

My TV has HDMI1 & 2, VGA IN, S-Video IN, PC Audio IN, Component IN, L/R IN, Video IN, CVBS1 & 2 (SCART) and one RF IN.

According to my TV manual only CVBS i.e 2 SCART connections are for my audio out, and nothing else is mentioned. Also no where inside and outside the TV menu there is an option to activate or de activate external/Aux speakers.

My receiver neither have SCART nor HDMI, so I tried with SCART to S-Video & RCA converters from TV to reciever, but that doesnt give any output.

I donot have any digital set top box, so I tried connecting the wallmount RF out to receiver RF IN, but that didnt work either.

I tried with all possible connections and wires but I failed bringing TV audio output into my 5.1 speakers.

Only options I think left with me are to buy a set top box/tuner and connect audio out from it to my reciever, or seek service help from dicksmith for just connecting TV to ext speakers shredding some $300+.

Dear members, do help me if any one of the experts here really find any possible solution out from this tricky issue.

Thanks in advance.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Sorry you haven't gotten an answer to this. I have no idea about scart connections. We don't have scart here in the US. Over here, most HD tvs that have the receiver built in, for over the air broadcasts, have an optical output on back of them. Since scart is your output, it sounds like you need an adapter, to go from scart to something else? Sorry I couldn't help.
Good luck!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
US law requires all TVs to have a digital tuner, which is probably not the case elsewhere. You probably have to get the cartridge or another external tuner.

campark43

Grip
Real Name
Campbell Park
Ok you need a digital tuner box.

Problem solved. Your welcome.

If you don't have a digital audio output on your tv, you need a digital tuner box with one.

True 5.1 surround can only be acheived through, fiber optic/toslink, hdmi, multichannel analog or digital coax.

Even if you had rca outputs you would not want to use them. I won't explain why, just trust me.

lachancesare

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
My inquiry is very similar but I am in the US and cannot seem to get my hdtv, with cable HD, to work with my cd/dvd/reciever
Last night, I could watch a dvd with surround sound but could not get the surround sound to work with the tv...
today...I can't seem to get the dvd to work at all with the tv
I have a Sony Bravia (2009), motorola dct 341 cable box and a panasonic surround sound/cd/dvd player.
any advice?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well, you didn't give us much to go on, like maybe describing how you have things connected. Links to the manuals of your equipment would be helpful as well.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn35
Recent bookmarks