What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Over the years, the horror anthology has become a staple of genre thanks to films and TV series like Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Darkside, and Creepshow (1982) to name a few. However, Trick ‘r Treat sets itself apart from the pack for the fact that it also functions as a heartfelt tribute to the Halloween holiday as well as the customs involved. Originally released direct to home video by Warner Bros. – the film was originally meant for theatrical release – Scream Factory has picked up the film and has given it the Collector’s Edition treatment.

Trick 'r Treat (2007)

Released: 09 Dec 2007
Rated: R
Runtime: 82 min

Director: Michael Dougherty
Genre: Comedy, Horror

Cast: Dylan Baker, Rochelle Aytes, Quinn Lord, Lauren Lee Smith
Writer(s): Michael Dougherty

Plot: Five interwoven stories that occur on...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I first saw this at Rick Baker's Halloween Party in Burbank back in the middle 2000's. It was playing on a monitor as a continuous clip and I knew I had to have it for my collection. But I was told no one knew when and if it would ever come out.

Then Rick Baker took a selected few up to the 2nd story loft of his studio. There, we got to view the original full scale mockup of MIGHTY JOE YOUNG, AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON, MEN IN BLACK and others...WHAT A NIGHT!!!

Last edited:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
A modern cult favorite, indeed.

Didn't know about it till a friend introduced me to it 3 or 4 years ago. It was enjoyable enough first time, then it managed to work its way under my skin. It somehow always leaves me wanting more, but that's a good show biz tenet too, so what the heck.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
As a fan of portmanteau horror films, like those released by Amicus and (my all-time favorite) CREEPSHOW, I snapped up the original Blu-ray as soon as it was released, based upon the great word-of-mouth the film had garnered from the very few people who were able to see it initially. I immediately fell in love with it. It has become an annual Halloween watch around my house. May have to double-dip on this one.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Same. I also loved the puzzle aspect of it, putting it all together. It shares some similarity to another cult favorite, 11:14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks