What's new

Tribute to Redheads (2 Viewers)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I thinks it's time Tina Louise make an new appearance . . . and I mean the original Tina Louise, not the second one whose pumped-up images are all over eBay.

Tina again.jpg

It's one of my major regrets that Tina Louise did not become a gig movie star. For me, she had three of the five essentials: looks, ability and screen presence. Apparently she did not have the other two: determination and luck.

Tina.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
There's room for disagreement about the color of Nancy Kovack's hair: some say she's a brunette but I have evidence she's a redhead.

24.jpg

There can be little disagreement that she is/was an absolute knock-out. I first saw her in a small role in Strangers When We Meet where she played Ernie Kovak's - note the difference in the spelling - rather abused girlfriend. Later I saw her with her elegant legs on display trying to bump off Dean Martin in The Silencers.

17a.jpg

Despite her - to me- awe-inspiring looks, Nancy Kovack never became a big star and she gave up her career when she turned forty.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Although Karin Dor had a long and busy career, she is remembered today mainly for two films: You Only Live Twice and Topaz.

Karin Dor 20.jpg

With Topaz, in her death scene she featured in one of Alfred Hitchcock's most elegant camera movements. I wish we had seen her in more films.

Karin Dor 5.jpg

I'd particularly like to see the film she made with Steward Granger and several other attractive actresses.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Abbe Lane was a good singer of popular songs who had a small movie career in the early to mid 1950s.

Abbe Lane 10.jpg

She was married to the bandleader Xavier Cugat who influenced her choice of song material and she made some high quality recordings for RCA in that period.

Abbe Lane 49.jpg

Her film career consisted mainly of supporting roles in small films such as The Americano and Ride Clear Of Diablo and a 3D film about to appear on Blu-ray disc Wings Of The Hawk.

Abbe Lane 2a.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You know how sometimes HTF members, when discussing a disc's transfer, say it's better to see a moving image rather than a screen grab (or still image)...

:D

In this instance, I think that's right:

As I've remarked before on this forum, this particular performance on The Tonight Show was an important moment for my adolescence! :laugh:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
These are sad and gloomy days and we all need cheering up. There are few better ways of doing that than by looking at a gorgeous redhead! I've recently added two rare photos of Rhonda Fleming to my collection and . . .

Rhonda Fleming 1a.jpg

. . . they deserve a wider appreciation. The image below must be a publicity shot for Slightly Scarlet because Rhonda wears that apparel in the film.

Rhonda Fleming 2a.jpg

I still hope that one day whoever owns the rights to Slightly Scarlet will release it on Blu-ray disc.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
The image below must be a publicity shot for Slightly Scarlet because Rhonda wears that apparel in the film.
View attachment 71481 .

It's not a whole lot of apparel she's wearing...thanks, Robin! Rhonda Fleming is a real redheaded powerhouse in the 3D films, Inferno, Those Redheads From Seattle and Jivaro.

729674485.webp

aa54b94a1d1638bc3559d576d5830d25.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Two days ago I watched the new Blu-ray disc of Sunday In New York and the second female lead was Jo Morrow as a redhead. I'd always thought of her as a blonde but it seems red is her natural color.

Jo Morrow 9a.jpg

The only pictures I have are black and white and show her as blonde. Does anyone have a good color photo of Jo Morrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks