Tribute to Brunettes

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
What exactly are you saying here? That older men knew they didn't have a shot with her so dismissed her from their minds?!? :laugh: Cuz I'm having a difficult time doing that after reading your post!
Well, obviously I was influenced by my personal experience! :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Allison Hayes the other day in Count Three And Pray. She was unlucky in that although her character was interesting, it wasn't properly developed and she was given little material to work with.

AH 53.JPG

Allison Hayes is remembered primarily for Attack Of The 50 Foot Woman in which her formidable physical presence was well utilized. She was a very handsome woman with two prominent moles on the left side of her face.

AH 67.jpg

She appeared mainly in low budget co-feature films, like Pier 5 Havana and The Undeadly, most of which are semi-forgotten and very difficult to see. The image below comes from that profound work of art Zombies Of Mora Tau.

Zombies Of Mora Tau 2.JPG

By the end of the 1950s she was working mainly in television where her work was admired. She died far too young of leukaemia while still in her early 40s.

AH 83a.jpg

Last edited:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I'm a big JLH fan as well but those are some pretty out of date photos. While still clearly a hottie she is sporting a more matronly frame these days....not that there is anything wrong with that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Flugel

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Lacey Chabert.
I know her as the voice of ZATANNA on "Young Justice" and "Justice League Action".
I don't know her at all, but I'll have to do something about that!
Used to be on the '90s FOX TV show Party of Five, along with Jennifer Love Hewitt. She's grown up very nicely.

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I'm a big JLH fan as well but those are some pretty out of date photos. While still clearly a hottie she is sporting a more matronly frame these days....not that there is anything wrong with that!
Very true...but then, I'd venture to guess that pretty much ALL of the photos in this thread show the ladies at the peak of their physical beauty.

Cameron Yee

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That was kind of a funny statement to make about the JLH post, since many of the other posts feature women who have long died so a "current" photo would be a bad idea all around. :eek:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
A few days ago I was watching the Blu-ray disc of The Wheeler Dealers and there playing Lee Remick's flat mate was Patricia Crowley who looked vaguely familiar. I looked her up and found she was Pat Crowley who ten years previously had been a very likable contract player at Universal.

Pat Crowley 54.jpg

Last week I saw her from that earlier period in There's Always Tomorrow where she plays the level-headed girlfriend of a boy who incorrectly suspects his father of an extra-marital affair. It wasn't a difficult part to play but Pat Crowley did do it well.

Pat Crowley.jpg

Earlier still she had twice been serenaded on screen by Dean Martin who seems to have liked her because a decade or so later she appeared on his very successful TV show more than once.

Pat Crowley 8.jpg

Attachments

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
A few days ago I was watching the Blu-ray disc of The Wheeler Dealers and there playing Lee Remick's flat mate was Patricia Crowley who looked vaguely familiar. I looked her up and found she was Pat Crowley who ten years previously had been a very likable contract player at Universal.

View attachment 70193

Last week I saw her from that earlier period in There's Always Tomorrow where she plays the level-headed girlfriend of a boy who incorrectly suspects his father of an extra-marital affair. It wasn't a difficult part to play but Pat Crowley did do it well.

View attachment 70194

Earlier still she had twice been serenaded on screen by Dean Martin who seems to have liked her because a decade or so later she appeared on his very successful TV show more than once.

View attachment 70196
I remembered her from the TV show "Please, Don't Eat the Daisies" back in the mid-1960s.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
Oddly coincidentally I was watching petticoat Junction last night due to inability to sLEep.

The first season is on Roku tv channel.

Are more seasons airing anywhere?
Roku tv only has season 1

RBailey

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hall
Oddly coincidentally I was watching petticoat Junction last night due to inability to sLEep.

The first season is on Roku tv channel.

Are more seasons airing anywhere?
Roku tv only has season 1
I believe most of Season 1 of Petticoat Junction is in the public domain. The same with Seasons 1 and 2 of The Beverly Hillbillies.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhishHead00