Tribute to Brunettes

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for the great pics of Hedy. Always been a big fan and have a couple more of her films on the way. Wish there was more of her work on blu ray.
More than happy to oblige! :)

Hedy Lamarr 22.jpg

I watched A Lady Without Passport yesterday and I'm going to watch some other Hedy Lamarr movies in the next few days, in particular The Conspirators directed by Jean Negulesco and The Female Animal with Jane Powell and George Nader.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched the excellent Blu-ray disc of Ben Hur the other day and once again was awe-struck by Hara Harareet's face.

Haya Harareet 3.jpg

I've seen her in only two other films, The Secret Partner where she played a woman becoming disillusioned about her husband, and The Interns where she was really good playing a trainee doctor standing up to a prejudiced superior.

Haya Harareet 8.jpg

I'll have to check what else she has done.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I was a big fan of Suzanne Pleshette in the 1960s when she appeared in several good and interesting films. I was sorry she could not sustain her star status for longer.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Ah . . . Barbara Rush, yes, I really fell for her in my teens. A pretty good actress too with a flair for playing characters emotionally stretched by circumstances beyond their control. I'll have to watch Harry Black And The Tiger again soon and Strangers When We Meet as well.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Ah . . . Barbara Rush, yes, I really fell for her in my teens. A pretty good actress too with a flair for playing characters emotionally stretched by circumstances beyond their control. I'll have to watch Harry Black And The Tiger again soon and Strangers When We Meet as well.
Same with me. I had a crush on Barbara Rush too back in my teens growing up. One thing I liked about her is she aged well. I love her in "The Young Philadelphians".

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yvonne Romain first appeared in the late 1950s as Yvonne Warren, a very young, very attractive and slightly exotic actress in unambitious movies like Murder Reported and Corridors of Blood.

25a.jpg

Having a very individual face and an hour-glass figure, she quickly graduated to being a major movie pin-up and an object for desire for men in their teens and early twenties.

32.jpg

Yvonne Romain is enjoying a Blu-ray second life. Circus Of Horrors and Captain Clegg (Night Creatures) have already been released and Curse Of The Werewolf and The Brigand Of Kandahar are on their way.

31.jpg

I'd like to see the two films she made with Sean Connery be given a Blu-ray release.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Having a very individual face and an hour-glass figure, she quickly graduated to being a major movie pin-up and an object for desire for men in their teens and early twenties.
What exactly are you saying here? That older men knew they didn't have a shot with her so dismissed her from their minds?!? :laugh: Cuz I'm having a difficult time doing that after reading your post!

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beekeeper