What's new

Tribute to Brunettes (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's easy for me to talk sitting here at the computer. You're the one on the bus. I'm not really serious or trying to bust your chops.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Oh I know, it's cool.

I thought about asking the driver for a little help getting things going, I thought about going in a little late one morning (catching the bus after the one I usually catch) and asking the driver of the bus I usually take to tell her when she boards that there's a guy who rides with you in the morning that's been noticing you.

He's a friendly guy so I think he'd be willing to help me out with that lol.

I figured by doing that she will now be aware of me and my interest the next morning when I got on the usual bus and she is now free to initiate a conversation with me if she likes. If she doesn't say anything that's a pretty good indication that I fall into the "i'm flattered but not interested." category lol.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Quote:

I just need an "in", she's quiet, i'm quiet, what do I say to her that won't sound dorky or forced?

"Excuse me, how would you like to be the subject of an entire thread on the After Hours section of Home Theatre Forum?"

We haven't had a good live-vicariously-through-someone-else thread in awhile...
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Personally, I wouldn't go through the bus driver. Make eye contact when you can, slip in a smile or two over the next few bus rides and when the opportunity arises just say "Hi". If you happen to know what stop she gets off at, I guess you could always try "I've noticed your stop is at Main St. Do you work at Acme Ltd.?"

Failing that, ask her what she thinks of Alizee.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Turnbull
Personally, I wouldn't go through the bus driver. Make eye contact when you can, slip in a smile or two over the next few bus rides and when the opportunity arises just say "Hi".

The perfect plan. Then, after you've built up enough "Hi"s and have established that you are part of the same bus-riding community...one morning you can break into a little small talk about the weather or something incredibly interesting in your life that anyone can universally relate to--"Man, you ever have one of those mornings?!?!"

Anne Hathaway:

htf_imgcache_33814.jpeg

Amanda Peet:

htf_imgcache_33815.jpeg

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Friend of mine down in DE has been complaining about this creep on the bus who keeps staring at her.

--

H

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holadem
Friend of mine down in DE has been complaining about this creep on the bus who keeps staring at her.

HAHA! Nice try, I wear sunglasses so she can't see where my eyes are. :D

Thanks for the advice, guys, I will think of something. :emoji_thumbsup: Another thing that sucks is that i'm only on the bus with her for a fleeting few minutes before I get off so i've got to work fast whatever i'm going to do.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
LOL, here's what happens, I get on but she isn't on yet, we pick her up a few min after I get on and then I get off before she does so I only see her for about 5 or 6 mins each morning.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Uh-huh...
You know how many things can get accomplished in 5-6 minutes?!?!
Let's stop making excuses and put a plan into place and see what can get done! :emoji_thumbsup:
You gotta be in the game to be able to win it. And even if it doesn't work out...you'll have given it a shot. How's that for a couple of time-worn cliches?!!! :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm not making excuses, simply stating the time I have to do anything.
And sex is easier than striking up a conversation with an attractive woman sometimes. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ain't that the truth! If it helps, though, just keep in mind that just because someone might be attractive shouldn't make it any more difficult to talk to them.
It has been my experience that some girls really like it when guys can be outgoing in a friendly way. After all, who doesn't like talking to friendly people?
Good luck, John. We're all pulling for ya!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks. I'll keep you updated about when I make a move and how it went. :cool:
The only reason I even brought it up in the first place was because she's a brunette lol.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Greg: Don't I know it! But she just appeared in a random search...and I couldn't find ANYTHING! Sorry, dude. But no one's sorrier than me! I guess we just gotta enjoy anonymously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks