What's new

Tribute to Blondes (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched The Big Sleep the other day, the "preview" version in which Pat Clark plays the wife of Eddie Mars. I looked Pat Clark up in IMDB and they don't mention that she was ever in the movie. Ignorant plebs! The "preview" version was shown to servicemen overseas and so must have had credit titles. The version available on discs shows the credits of the later version which list Peggy Knudsen and not Pat Clark!

Pat Clark 3.jpg

Pat Clark was one of innumerable young actresses who played bit parts in a few movies and then disappeared. Her career lasted only 4 years during which she had very small roles in three other films that have just about survived, Hotel Berlin, Pillow To Post and Cass Timberlain plus a musical number in Night And Day. (It's time I watched that film again: Cary Grant playing Cole Porter!)

Pat Clark 2.jpg

After 1948 Pat Clark seems to have dropped out of sight completely, not even appearing on television.

Peggy Knudsen, who played Eddie Mars' wife in the later and more familiar version of The Big Sleep, had a slightly more substantive career and seems to have posed for more publicity photos.

PK1.jpg

In Humoresque she played the sister of the violinist Paul Boray and in The Unfaithful, she was one of Eve Arden's gossiping friends.

PK3.jpg

In the 50s she worked mainly in television but still appeared in a few cheaply made movies such as Istanbul, her second film with Errol Flynn. I've always wanted to see Betrayed Women, an early women-in-prison movie where Peggy Knudsen co-starred with another blonde, the formidable Beverly Michaels!

Pk2.jpg

I'm thinking of buying the DVD of Never Say Goodbye, the first film with Errol Flynn and Peggy Knudsen. This will, of course, prompt an immediate Blu-ray release!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Peggy Knudsen is a favorite. It's interesting how even minor actresses and actors would get cross- promotional work in magazine ads and even show up on cigarette and candy give-away art cards.
a3.jpg

In "Never Say Goodbye", Errol Flynn played a cheesecake artist. The artwork used in the film was by Zoe Mozert, a female cheesecake artist and model.
Never Say Goodbye.jpg

Zoe Mozert posing for her own paintings.
picture-121.png

zm-learn-to-draw-the-line-photo-and-card.png

zm-model-and-cards.png

zoe8 (1).jpg

Zoe Mozert with Jane Russell.
Zoe-Mozert-15 clear.jpg

Zoe Mozert blondes.
Zoe Mozert - Tutt'Art@ (9).jpg

Zoe-Mozert-15.jpg

zoe mozert big.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
A week ago I re-watched The Scar, a pretty good thriller in which Joan Bennett played the female lead. She was, as always, excellent but Leslie Brooks had a small supporting role as a woman the narcistic hero dallies with. I was used to seeing her in small roles because Columbia gave her tiny parts in three Rita Hayworth movies. I was also used to seeing her publicity photos!

Leslie Brooks 9.jpg

Later in the 1940s Columbia gave Leslie Brooks leading roles in various B pictures such as The Man Who Dared and The Corpse Came COD, the latter starring two other formidable blondes, Joan Blondell and Adele Jergens!

Leslie Brooks 4.jpg

I at last managed to see Blonde Ice the other day where Leslie Brooks plays a scheming and murderous woman who wants both a rich husband and a second man on the side. It was interesting to see her in this kind of role and I'd like to see a high quality presentation of the film on disc.

Leslie Brooks.jpg

After marrying for the second time in 1950, Leslie Brooks retired from films.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
A few days ago I re-watched Gun Crazy which stars Peggy Cummins and John Dall. Peggy Cummins very convincingly plays a psychotic character lacking any moral conscience, and the film has become a very famous cult movie.

Peggy Cummins 2.jpg

She first came to Hollywood to play the lead in 20th Century Fox's production of Forever Amber but at some point she was deemed to be unsuitable. She appeared in a few other films instead including Moss Rose before being cast in Gun Crazy.

Peggy Cummins 4.jpg

Gun Crazy was the last film Peggy Cummins made in Hollywood. She returned to the U.K. and appeared in some films there before devoting her life to charity work.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Today I came across a photo I'd never previously seen of a blonde of whom I'd never previously heard.

Paige Spiranac.jpg

Her name is Paige Spiranac and apparently she's regularly on YouTube talking about golf! With her looks she shouldn't be on a golf course. She should be in movies! At least she's now in this thread.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Today I came across a photo I'd never previously seen of a blonde of whom I'd never previously heard.

View attachment 129265

Her name is Paige Spiranac and apparently she's regularly on YouTube talking about golf! With her looks she shouldn't be on a golf course. She should be in movies! At least she's now in this thread.
Anybody reading the NYC tabloids has seen her in the papers.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Someone who knows I watch a lot of golf sent me a link to pics of the stunning Paige Spiranac. I don't watch the LPGA as much as the PGA, but I have never seen Ms. Spirinac play an event. There are actually a good assortment of attractinve golfers on the LPGA tour including Americans Danielle Kang and Lexi Thompson.

Another really attractive blonde is on a Golf Channel show called School of Golf. On the show, British golf instructor Martin Hall demonstrates many tips and techniques to help people with their game. The lovely Blair O'Neal is on hand to try Martin's suggestions. Blair O'Neal:

Blair-ONeal.jpg

Speaking of the Golf Channel, they used to have a morning show called Morning Drive in which various hosts and former golfers would yak on about players and tournaments. The news segments were hosted by the lovely Lauren Thompson. When they canceled the show that was the last time I saw her on anything. She was one of the best news/fact readers I ever heard. She could rattle off facts and figures and stats very fast without a flub:
lauren-thompson-in-gold-dress-reaffirms-her-most-beautiful-golf-status-8545.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Ah, yes . . . the magnificent Anita . . .

AE1.jpg

Just the other day in a different thread, I suggested that Sony should give a missing-in-action film of hers, The Man Inside a high definition transfer.

AE2.jpg

Any woman who looks like this should be given the highest definition possible!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
In the past week or so, I've watched three films featuring Louise Allbritton who is pretty much forgotten these days.

6.jpg

In the early 1940s Louise Allbritton won a contract with Universal Pictures who put her in several mediocre movies which now, unsurprisingly, are difficult to get to see. It was reported that her contract had a clause which exempted her from having to pose for pin-up publicity photos. Nevertheless . . . . .

5.jpg

. . . . . she occasionally relented despite declaring openly that she wasn't the right material for such photos.

In her few films which have stood the test of time Louise Allbritton had only supporting roles. In Pittsburgh she portrayed a rich man's daughter who marries an unscrupulous go-getter played by John Wayne (!) but her role was second fiddle to Marlene Dietrich. She played second fiddle again in Sitting Pretty to Maureen O'Hara. In Walk A Crooked Mile she was cast as a scientist who is suspected falsely of being a traitor and was suitably deglamorised too.

1.jpg

After 1949 Louise Allbritton stopped appearing in films and instead worked in television.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The other day I came across this publicity shot for Hook, Line And Sinker . . . .

Hook, Line And Sinker.jpg

. . . but I don't know the name of the actress. She's right for this thread but does anyone know who she is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks