What's new

Tribute to Blondes (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
IMG_9247 (4).JPG

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Just bought Lolita- never saw it before. Anxious to watch it.
Considering how tied Kubrick's hands were due to the censorship restrictions of the era, it's a remarkable film. One of my top 5 Kubricks (not that you asked but the other 4 are 2001: A Space Odyssey, Barry Lyndon, The Killing and Spartacus).

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
My favorite Kubrick is Clockwork Orange- I love how the classical pieces are blended in with the story.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Crossfire yesterday and was reminded that the little seen and little known Jacqueline White was a sympathetic screen presence.

Jacqueline White 3.jpg

If the IMDB is to be believed Jacqueline White had small roles in Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo and The Harvey Girls, both of which are in my collection, but I really know her only from Crossfire and The Narrow Margin, two films I watch regularly. In The Narrow Margin her sympathetic persona was crucial to making the revelation at the end a surprise.

Jacqueline White 4.jpg

At a ripe 98 years of age, Jacqueline White is still with us!

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
These photos reminded me of someone else and I've been racking my brain to remember who that was. It's just dawned on me and on checking, the resemblance is only slight but it's an actress who deserves a citation in a thread about blondes.

Grace Lee Whitney 2.jpg

Grace Lee Whitney never became a big name and I know her mainly from two small roles she played in Billy Wilder movies. She had a "homely" face, elegant legs and a good figure.

Grace Lee Whitney 1.jpg

I believe she today is most remembered for having been in Star Trek but she started her career as a singer. She won a part in the 1951 Broadway show Top Banana which had a score by Johnny Mercer. The making of the film version brought her to Hollywood.

Grace Lee Whitney 4.jpg

According to the IMDB Grace Lee Whitney was in The Naked And The Dead. Barbara Nichols is the only blonde I remember from that film, so I'll have another viewing of the Blu-ray disc in the next few days.

Grace Lee Whitney 3.jpg

Yes, a worthy addition to this thread.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
These photos reminded me of someone else and I've been racking my brain to remember who that was. It's just dawned on me and on checking, the resemblance is only slight but it's an actress who deserves a citation in a thread about blondes.

View attachment 102679

Grace Lee Whitney never became a big name and I know her mainly from two small roles she played in Billy Wilder movies. She had a "homely" face, elegant legs and a good figure.

View attachment 102680

I believe she today is most remembered for having been in Star Trek but she started her career as a singer. She won a part in the 1951 Broadway show Top Banana which had a score by Johnny Mercer. The making of the film version brought her to Hollywood.

View attachment 102681

According to the IMDB Grace Lee Whitney was in The Naked And The Dead. Barbara Nichols is the only blonde I remember from that film, so I'll have another viewing of the Blu-ray disc in the next few days.

View attachment 102682

Yes, a worthy addition to this thread.

It’s a shame there wasn’t more of her on the original series of Star Trek.

She was amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks