What's new

Tribute to Blondes (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
move noticed many of her films are not on digital format.

I ordered the brass bottle on dvd.

I have several of her films on my digital wish list:
Flaming Star
7 faces of dr. Lau
Ride the wild surf

how is five weeks in a balloon?

I also noted that the entire series of Jeannie is now in digital. It’s $70 but has dropped down to $30. It’s still standard def which is a shame.

I think Barbara Eden deserves her own appreciation thread too.
I've just received an email from Screen Archives in which they state that Flaming Star is still available at $8.95 but at very low quantity. So. if you're interested, don't delay even for one day! ($8.95! I paid full price when it was new!)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Nine months ago I mentioned that Lori Nelson was still with us. Not any more, I'm sorry to say. She died two days ago at 87 years of age.

Lori Nelson 1a.jpg

I'll continue to like her and I'll watch one of her movies in the next day or so.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Two days ago I watched Black Angel on a very good Blu-ray disc and once again was impressed by June Vincent. It's high time she made a new appearance in this thread.

June Vincent 3.jpg

Last night I had another viewing of In A Lonely Place where she's in the first scene in an uncredited bit part. I find it sad that only a few years after Black Angel June Vincent was playing such tiny roles.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
A few days ago I watched Kino-Lorber's new Blu-ray disc of Caper Of The Golden Bulls in which Yvette Mimieux is one of the two female leads.

Yvette Mimieux 3.jpg

I first came across Yvette Mimieux in The Time Machine when I was in my early teens. I was enchanted by her and was so pleased that she and her publicity stills were featured in several film magazines of the period.

Yvette Mimieux 4.jpg

She was fairly busy in the sixties and most of her films are available on disc for those who prefer physical media.

Yvette Mimieux 2.jpg

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I first came across Yvette Mimieux in The Time Machine when I was in my early teens. I was enchanted by her and was so pleased that she and her publicity stills were featured in several film magazines of the period.

I, too, became enchanted with Ms. Mimieux as Weena in The Time Machine, Robin. A truly ethereal sort of beauty.

Have been meaning to pick up that Kino Blu of Caper of the Running Bulls at some point.

CAPEROFTHEGOLDENBULLSLC5.jpg

a78b73d7e4b407f6e940300ea9f09fa8.jpg

63e1460d79c15b1d99f75899b56bd833.jpg

yvette-mimieux-18.jpg

470dd352150f7b1c9bae021553f6a705.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Adele Jergens was in many films, most of which are now forgotten. I first noticed her in two low quality musicals starring Rita Hayworth and later came across her again in Armoured Car Robbery.

View attachment 50252

She had quite a busy career until she decided to quit. She deserves to be remembered.
I re-watched Down To Earth two days ago and remade my acquaintance with Adele Jergens who's overdue for a reappearance in this thread.

Adele Jergens 7.jpg

Adele began as a model and performed in several Broadway musicals before securing a starlet's contract with 20th Century Fox. After appearing in two Betty Grable movies, she was dropped by Fox and moved to Columbia where again she either supported a much bigger star, this time Rita Hayworth, or had major roles in minor films.

Adele Jergens 6.jpg

Later she blossomed in crime films like Treasure Of Monte Cristo and Armoured Car Robbery and it is for these films that she is most remembered.

Adele Jergens 3908.jpg

Of course, she is also remembered for her looks! I'm going to watch her today in Strange Lady In Town.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Strange Lady In Town yesterday. it's not a good film, the MOD is not a good disc and Adele Jergens has only two scenes! She is however a strong presence in both of them.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Adele Jergens runs away with a 1956 teen crime movie titled RUNAWAY DAUGHTERS (American International) that's available on Shout Factory TV and on Amazon Prime. The movie itself is no classic but Adele and Gloria Castillo are constantly busting on each other. They make the whole picture worthwhile.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
For some reason Eva Marie Saint rarely comes to mind when most people think of blonde actresses. Certainly she comes not from the same mould as Marilyn Monroe, Mamie Van Doren and Jayne Mansfield, but Eva Marie Saint is definitely a blonde.

Eva Maria Saint 2.jpg

I watched her again a few days ago in Exodus and I thought her performance was just about perfect. I can't recall ever seeing her being less than excellent, and for me in North By Northwest she was the best blonde Hitchcock ever had, although some of the credit for that must go to Ernest Lehmann.

Eva Marie Saint 3.jpg

Eva Marie Saint gives one of the best performances in Raintree County although she is frequently over-looked when this film is discussed. This may well be because her acting, in this film and others, is always very precisely judged and is never over emphatic, denying her the means to grab the audience's attention. It's a style of acting that I now prefer.

Eva Marie Saint 6.jpg

I very much hope that A Hatful Of Rain which contains some of her best work will one day be available on Blu-ray disc. Directed by Fred Zinnemann in black and white Cinemascope and with a superb performance by Anthony Franciosa, this film is long overdue.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Ocean's Eleven yesterday (the Lewis Milestone/Frank Sinatra version) and there in an early scene was Joan Staley with her legs on display giving Peter Lawford a massage. Perhaps I had swallowed too much Christmas cheer, but her thighs looked gorgeous and I think she deserves a place in a thread about blondes.

Ocean's Eleven 39.jpg

Joan started in show business very young and according to the IMDB she was a child prodigy on the violin. She began getting work as an actress in the very late 1950s and one of her first bit parts was as a waitress in a bowling alley being crudely propositioned by Robert Mitchum in Cape Fear.

9.jpg

She followed this with several appearances on television and a few big roles in small movies, one of them opposite Audie Murphy in the MIA Gunpoint. (I'd buy the DVD if I could find it!)

Joan Staley 2a.jpg

Apparently, she had a tiny role in Breakfast At Tiffany's. I don't recall that at all so I'll be re-watching that film in the next few days to see if I can identify her.

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
She followed this with several appearances on television and a few big roles in small movies, one of them opposite Audie Murphy in the MIA Gunpoint. (I'd buy the DVD if I could find it!)

And don't forget the Don Knotts comedy, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (though of course she's a brunette in that one).

Joan-Staley-Dead.jpg

Quite a sexy gal in her day. You're right, for most of her career, a fitting subject for this thread...

joan-staley-3.jpg

530full-joan-staley.jpg

9e8f0d6ee8009cf889709a9734470ea2.jpg

As you say, she graced a lot of TV shows in the '60s, including as a regular on the service comedy, Broadside:

Broadside_-_Season_1_-_Joan_Staley_2.jpg
And here's a screenshot from her appearance on The Virginian, courtesy of fellow HTF member Flashgear:

virginian-9-jpg.65517

Merry Christmas to you, Robin, and to the other blonde cheesecake fanatics who follow this thread!

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
And don't forget the Don Knotts comedy, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (though of course she's a brunette in that one).

Joan-Staley-Dead.jpg

Quite a sexy gal in her day. You're right, for most of her career, a fitting subject for this thread...

joan-staley-3.jpg

530full-joan-staley.jpg

9e8f0d6ee8009cf889709a9734470ea2.jpg

As you say, she graced a lot of TV shows in the '60s, including as a regular on the service comedy, Broadside:

Broadside_-_Season_1_-_Joan_Staley_2.jpg
And here's a screenshot from her appearance on The Virginian, courtesy of fellow HTF member Flashgear:

virginian-9-jpg.65517

Merry Christmas to you, Robin, and to the other blonde cheesecake fanatics who follow this thread!
Hey! Those are great pictures, and ones I've never seen before. Many thanks.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've watched two Joan Caulfield movies in the past few days (Blue Skies and The Rains Of Ranchipur) and I think she's overdue for an appearance in this thread.

Joan Caulfield 6a.jpg

Joan Caulfield had a very pretty face with deep-set eyes, an economical figure and good legs so it's not surprising that she started her career as a model. She came to the attention of legendary Broadway producer George Abbott who cast her some of his shows, the longest running of which was Kiss And Tell with Richard Widmark in the cast.

Joan Caulfield 5.jpg

She signed a film contract with Paramount and this lead to her working with Bing Crosby, Bob Hope and William Holden in her most memorable movies. As Universal are still making high definition transfers available to Kino Lorber, it's possible Joan Caulfield will soon appear on Blu-ray disc.

Joan Caulfield 7.jpg

I hope so because I'd love to have Monsieur Beaucaire, Dear Ruth and Blue Skies in my Blu-ray collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks