What's new

Tribute to Blondes (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
In the early 1970s I saw a film starring the new hot boy Robert Redford: Little Fauss And Big Halsy which is now out on Blu-ray disc. A secondary character was played by Linda Gaye Scott . . . .

Linda Gaye Scott.jpg

. . . and she made a much stronger impression on me that did the nominal female lead. I saw her later in a very small role in Westworld but I don't think in anything else. I still remember her and I'd like her to be remembered by others too.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Now, here's an unusual one: a magazine cover. The model later became known to film audiences as Olinka Berova and in particular she appeared in The Vengeance Of She which is about to be released on Blu-ray disc.

Olinka Berova.jpg

I don't know if it's a particular quirk of mine but I've always found this photo to symbolize the idea of a fabulously good-looking girl who is a bit of a Bohemian and who has no regard for status or money. Whatever, this is my all-time favorite magazine cover. (Note the price of Playboy in 1964!)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
One of the 20th Century Fox titles most requested on Blu-ray at HTF is The Best Things In Life Are Free. This film gave Sheree North one of her few chances while at Fox to show that originally she was a dancer and a good one too.

7.jpg

20th Century Fox did not play fair with Sheree North, and it was only in the second phase of her career, in the '60 and '70s that it became obvious she was a strong - and sexy - screen presence.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
In Pick-Up Alley (aka Interpol) there is a night club scene where a comely young woman sings. Her stage name was Yana and for a short period in the '50s her career seemed to be booming.

Yana.jpg

Yana was celebrated as a pin-up as much as a singer and her photos were widely circulated.

Yana 2.jpg

She appeared in small roles in a few other films, one of which, Cockleshell Heroes, will soon be released on Blu-ray disc in the U. K.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Lust For A Vampire is coming soon on Blu-ray disc . . .

Lust For A Vampire.jpg

and so too is Yutte Stensgaard who deserves a place in a thread about blondes.

Yutte Stensgaard 2a.jpg

She looks really good in the film and perhaps the Blu-ray disc will win her new admirers.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I like Yutte just fine, she's quite a cutie, though perhaps (like Olinka Berlova) not much of an actress.

212163__24099.1342531546.380.500.jpg

yutte-stensgard-scan0003.jpg

While we're on the subject of Hammer Glamour...Veronica Carlson is a bit of all right, too.

Veronica%2Bfirst%2Bpuc.jpg

51bQ%2BgRSQ-L.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I have a great photo of Veronica Carlson somewhere. I'll upload it when I find it. She certainly merits a place in this thread.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Well, here it is, gentlemen: a mega-fab photo of Veronica Carlson . . .

5.JPG

. . . and it's a genuine rarity. Scour Ebay, search far and wide, and you will not find this photo anywhere. I have no explanation for that, but feast your eyes and count yourselves lucky that it's in my collection!

I notice that Cinesavant (aka Glenn Erickson) has reviewed a disc about Bunny Yeager. She too deserves recognition in this thread; and I have just the photo to get the job done! Give me time, gentlemen, give me time.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Bunny Yeager was a blonde pin-up who quickly decided that being behind the camera was more rewarding than being in front.

Bunny Yeager 3.jpg

She became an admired photographer of women, including herself because she did several self-portraits.

Bunny Yeager 2.jpg

So highly regarded was her skill and judgement that when the first James Bond film was given the green light, the photographer selected to take flattering shots of the unknown leading lady was Bunny Yeager.

Those pictures of Ursula Andress in Jamaica are still bought and sold today. It's high time one was included in this thread about blondes.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've never seen that shot of Andress before. I can see why it's still quite popular.
I've misled you and I apologize. That second shot is also of Bunny Yeager. I didn't structure the layout properly so I've changed it.

I will at some stage upload one of the pictures she took of Ursula Andress in Jamaica.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Phew! I kinda thought it didn't look like Andress...but figured it was one of those pictures which make a famous person look different! :D

So are BOTH of those images of Bunny in your post self-portraits, Robin?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
We all can name films which are mysteriously missing on disc, and for me one of those is The Man Inside.

Man Inside, The 90.jpg

The formidable Anita Ekberg co-stars with the ever-excellent Nigel Patrick and any film with those two must be worth watching. Miss Ekberg in the 1950s was worth watching anywhere, anytime!

89b.jpg

I don't know why it has taken so long for her to appear in this thread!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Sylvia Syms, whom I've watched twice in the past week or so, started in movies while still very young and quickly established herself as a good actress with an unusually well shaped face.

SS2.jpg

She was often cast as a sweet young thing in her early films and had few opportunities to be a bit naughty, which is regrettable because she demonstrated in Expresso Bongo that she might have been quite something playing women with more imagination than virtue!

SS1.jpg

I think I'll have another look at Expresso Bongo in the next few days!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Fay Spain doesn't get much attention or respect even from die-hard movie buffs who watch forgotten old films.

Fay Spain.jpg

She deserves better because she was pretty good in Al Capone and Black Gold.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Joey Heatherton's first movie was Twilight Of Honor (AKA The Charge Is Murder) She played a promiscuous bimbo with little sense of decency and she did it well.

10.jpg

She made a few films after that but television provided her main source of income. A pity: she was a good actress and had a lot to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks