Tribute to a cool cat named Tuffy.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Jul 11, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

This thread is a tribute to my mom's old cat named Tuffy. Tuffy was 18 when he died. I was 9 at the time. He was the coolest cat that I've ever met, and the only cat I really liked. He was a sizable Maine Coon, at 20 pounds in his prime.

He certainly earned his name Tuffy, because as a young cat(before I was born), he was hit by a car and swung up and arounbd the tire well, and received a broken jaw, tail, and ribs, had all kinds of cuts, abrasions, and bruises, and had some internal injuries. He spent 2 weeks in the animal hospital. When he got home, his best friend Timmy the Sheltie(who also live to be about 18) helped care for him by being by his side 24/7 and licking his wounds. They had a strong bond throughout life, and died within a year of each other.

Tuffy was a tactical hunter. He often caught birds, snakes, rabbits, mice, squirrels, chipmunks, and other small animals. He would often bring these animals back alive for a present to my grandmother. Of course she didn't take the presents lightly, and would chase the animals around the house with a broom till they left. He loved hiding around the corner and swatting unsuspecting people. He'd bite to get petted, and bite to stop. He never took crap from anyone, and would often fight dogs, often manytimes bigger than himself, who tried to harm him.

At the time of his death, he had a brain aneurism and went crazy. Nobody in the family could touch him, because he was so gone, that he didn't know what he was doing, and lashed out. My mom called the animal hospital to come and put him to sleep and out of his misery.

So this is my tribute to Tuffy, the best cat I ever met. He's the only one I really liked for a cat, and I still miss him to this day. The only cat I know now who can even come close, is my 16 year old cat named Stripe, who is similar to Tuffy. Stripe knew Tuffy, and they were friends. Stripe's brother Gizmo who died almost 10 years ago, was like Tuffy too.

2. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

My condolences for your loss, Stephen. It can be painful to lose a pet that you've been close to for that long. But on the bright side, you'll soon be able to look back on the good times with laughter and smiles! [​IMG]

3. Niel_JL

Niel_JL Stunt Coordinator

Sorry about your loss,
    we just lost our cat last week. They had to put her down, she couldn't eat nor walk anymore. At least I didn't have to see that, I've been away for a while. Her name was Muffin, and she was 15 [​IMG]