What's new

Tremors The Series cancelled. DVDs soon? (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well I've just been sent this email from the Tremors Website mailing list:

To our loyal Tremors Fans -- GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS.

Well, fans, the numbers are in and Tremors: The Series did not quite hit the demographics and market share SciFi was looking for (it was SO close!). We are sorry to report that the rumors are true, the show will not be back for a second season.

But the Good News is that Tremors 4 will be coming soon. It is all new, all different, and Universal is extremely happy with it (as are we at Stampede, of course). They like it so much they moved its release to near Christmas, so you all know what is going to be in your stocking this year.
Does this mean that we'll get the series released on DVD soon? Or not, being as it's Universal?

Regardless, looking forward to Tremors 4, set in the old west. :)

Mark Lemmond

Stunt Coordinator
I never liked the series and don't mind it being cancelled, after cancelling Farscape I wish nothing but misfortune on the SciFi channel.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Doubtful; Universal is pretty conservative (to put it mildly) with their TV product and is probably waiting to see how other companies fare with their releases of relatively unsuccessful series (Dark Angel, The Tick, Firefly) before even considering Tremors. Which is too bad - I came in expecting pretty much nothing and got a frequently entertaining monster show.

I wish nothing but misfortune on the SciFi channel.
I guess. Doesn't seem to be any reason to wish failure on the good people at Stampede, though.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well, all I know is living in the UK with only the 4.5 terrestrial television channels available (I can only get a very snowy picture for Five :)) I would quite happily buy a season set unseen.
Doubtful; Universal is pretty conservative (to put it mildly) with their TV product and is probably waiting to see how other companies fare with their releases of relatively unsuccessful series (Dark Angel, The Tick, Firefly) before even considering Tremors.
And yet Tremors success was in the home video market. The sales of the original and the DTV sequels alone were the deciding factor in the comissioning of the TV series. It seems strange Universal would doubt the sucess of releasing the series on DVD.

After all Beuna Vista were reportedly astonished by the high sales of the Clerks Cartoon. Family Guy has sold much more than people at Fox were expecting (as has Futurama I understand) and Warners were likewise stunned by the sales of the first Babylon 5 series.

Why do these vast multi-media corporations not understand or value the properties they own?

Still, as you pointed out, it is Universal who don't seem to have much confidence in TV on DVD :rolleyes

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
It was a pretty bad and very cheaply done series anyway. I couldn't make it through more than one or two of them.

I'd rent TREMORS 4 though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There's time to put it out, only need 3 discs. WHo knows, they might put it out just to try to get more sales for "Tremors Quadrilogy" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks