Tremors Series on Sci-Fi Channel?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Julie K, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Creature Corner is reporting that the Sci-Fi channel is developing a 1-hour Tremors TV series. I haven't been able to verify it anywhere else - but the Stampede homepage is reporting that Tremors 3 was the second highest rated show on the SF channel, just after Dune. I guess everyone loves giant worms...
    Anyway, I certainly loved all the Tremors movies (Burt is my hero) and would love to see this series.

2. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

Cinescape Online also reported it.

I'm very excited as well. I just love the sillyness and the comedy of the trilogy. Never get tired of watching the movies, especially the first one.

Let's hope the series is as much fun as the movies.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I don't know about this... They've apparently got Maddock & Wilson aboard, so this could be decent (I refuse to blame them for Wild Wild West), but I just sort of wonder two things...

(1) What's episode #2 (let alone #22)? New cryptozoological oddities invading Perfection, Bert & company hunting graboids elsewhere, or what? I'm not sure how extensible this concept is to a weekly series.

* If it were up to me - a season consists of several 5-8 episode stories, where the characters from Tremors 2 hunt graboids/screamers/assblasters in new environments - snowbound, city, Australian outback, China, Amazon jungle, underwater(!), etc. - with the G/S/ABs somewhat different to fit their environment in each. Could get expensive, though, unless the Vancouver area can double for a lot.

(2) What sort of cast are we talking about? Not to put too fine a point on it, but the acting in Tremors 3 sucked. Now, while Black Scorpion was nearly amusing by its sheer incompetance, I'd hope Universal's aiming a little higher.

* Realistically, Michael Gross is probably a given, though, for the love of ghu, keep him in a supporting role. Fred Ward just may be available and amenable (he had a pilot this year that wasn't picked up); ditto Helen Shaver. Kevin Bacon's right out, Reba's busy, and I don't think they could afford Arianna Richards (or what she'd do). I'd love to see Finn Parker back (what's she been up to?). I can live without just about everyone from #3, but a couple more people would be good for new characters - besides, I can't help but look at that potential cast and say "that's a whole bunch of white people".

Hmm. Maybe this could work, but I think an awful lot of things would have to break right.

4. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

As I recall, there was an idea for a TV series after the first movie in which Val and Earl roamed around wiping out various critters, both graboids and non-graboids. I found the Cinescape article and that what it sounds like this will be, minus Val and Earl of course.
    I enjoyed Tremors 3 a lot more than most people I know (but there must be a few more freaks like me out there or why else are they making a series? [​IMG] ) and am hopeful about the series. I wouldn't mind the same cast, but it did take me a second viewing before I really liked them.

5. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

I totally missed Tremors 3. I might have been thinking it could only be worse than Tremors 2. But nothing can compare to the original. That was lightning in a bottle, and all that follows is just sequelism.

6. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

There's a page for this at Internet Movie Data Base, and it says Michael Gross will be in it, and will come out in Janurary. I'm excited about this show and will be sure to buy a couple blank tapes, I love all 3 movies(unlike people only liking the first). Hopefully a 4th movie is made aswell.

7. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

A 4th movie is being made and Michael Gross is returning. Here's the news:

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

9. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I like Gummer as a lead character. I'll be eagerly waiting for the TV show and 4th movie.