What's new

Tremors on Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It looks great. I just finished watching it and this is a movie that really enjoys the high resolution of HD. The desert scenery looks marvelous. I found colors and skin tones to look normal and the picture was sharp and detailed. The wife had already retired so I didn't crank up the sound, but it sounded great too.

I don't know whether I was just paying more attention this time, but I had never really noticed the time of day in this film before, or rather the lighting resulting from the time of day. There was a scene later in the day the Chang's market and you could tell it was getting on in the afternoon.

I did notice a technical flub. Towards the end when Val takes off yelling "I've got a plan!" See if you notice it.

If you liked this movie before, you will like it on this blu-ray. I haven't checked out the extras, but they look to be a port over of the DVD extras.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'm very glad to hear this. The HD-DVD was pretty bad and Universal's track record isn't very good when it comes to catalogue titles on Blu-ray. Thanks for the recommendation.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Amazon and BB both have it it for $15. I bet that's a release week price only and it may go up to $20 after that.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

It looks great. I just finished watching it and this is a movie that really enjoys the high resolution of HD. The desert scenery looks marvelous. I found colors and skin tones to look normal and the picture was sharp and detailed. The wife had already retired so I didn't crank up the sound, but it sounded great too.

I don't know whether I was just paying more attention this time, but I had never really noticed the time of day in this film before, or rather the lighting resulting from the time of day. There was a scene later in the day the Chang's market and you could tell it was getting on in the afternoon.

I did notice a technical flub. Towards the end when Val takes off yelling "I've got a plan!" See if you notice it.

If you liked this movie before, you will like it on this blu-ray. I haven't checked out the extras, but they look to be a port over of the DVD extras.

The HD DVD had a lot of EE. It was pretty easy to see. Any sign of it on the BD?

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

The HD DVD had a lot of EE. It was pretty easy to see. Any sign of it on the BD?

It's the same plastic transfer as on the HD-DVD.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/3947447-post130.html

Sharpened and degrained rubbish: http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4789/00010140952.jpg

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Gack!!! So much for getting a decent HD video presentation of Tremors. This is probably the last chance we had for the foreseeable future. Thanks for nothing Universal.

Martin Henry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yer Da
Doug, you avatar has reminded me that as much as I want The Big Lebowski on BD, I also fear what Universal will do to it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The Big Lebowski HD-DVD has a number of problems. It too is a noisy, processed transfer and it REALLY needs to be revisited and corrected. Given Universal's track record however, I have no doubt that they'll just regurgitate the existing HD video directly to the Blu-ray release. The Dude minds. This aggression will not stand, man.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

'Fine' certainly isn't the four lettered word I would use to describe it.

Can you go into a bit more detail on what issues you have with it?

[/QUOTE]
Would you cite a specific scene? I'd like to re-watch with an eagle eye for the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks