Tremors 3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Julie K, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Dec 1, 2000
    Ok, hasn't anyone else grabbed a copy of Tremors 3?
    I did, and overall I have to say I enjoyed it. But then, I also enjoyed Tremors 2 [​IMG] (I still don't understand why a lot of people dump on that one...)
    Now, there are a few problems. It was shot on a tiny, tiny budget and it sometimes shows. The one place where I really spotted that was in Burt's basement. Let's just say a very important piece of set dressing is missing [​IMG]
    But the biggest problem is one that just took me completely out of the movie. Now, this probably won't be a problem for most people, but
    there are no guns in Burt's safe room ?!? WTF? Give me underground worms, heat seaking giant chicken-things, and ass blasters, but no guns in a safe room is just too unbelievable.

I also had a little problem with the disc itself. The sound is strange. I'm generally extremely easy going about sound, but I found it very hard to understand what the actors were saying and I had to really crank up the volume.
    Despite these minor quibbles, I really enjoyed this one and am looking forward to Tremors 4 [​IMG]
    My DVDs
    "Well, that's it then. You must have tripped over the cat."
    "Where did it come from? There's nothing up there but ceiling. I love how these animals just fall straight into your hands. I mean, what do they do? Hang upside-down by their claws and wait for people to pass by?"
  2. Todd_B

Todd_B Second Unit

Jul 16, 2000
    I haven't had a chance to spin my disk yet, but I did watch the trailer. You can tell that there wasn't a lot of cash pumped into this one just by viewing the trailer.
    Oh well, it still looks to be entertaining and I can't wait to see Burt whoop some Graboid butt!
    Todd B