What's new

"Trekkies 2" DVD on 8/21: no theatrical run? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Indianapolis was one of two cities in the nation chosen to premere the first Trekkies, because so much of it was shot at the annual convention here. However, I never saw Trekkies 2 in any theater here. Is it going straight to home video, or did Indy just get left out of the limited-run loop this time?

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Indianapolis was one of two cities in the nation chosen to premere the first Trekkies, because so much of it was shot at the annual convention here. However, I never saw Trekkies 2 in any theater here. Is it going straight to home video, or did Indy just get left out of the limited-run loop this time?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I think the DVD release date is actually 8/31, same as TOS season 1.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I think the DVD release date is actually 8/31, same as TOS season 1.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Yeah, it's 8/31. Same as TOS: Season 1. (8/31 date comes form StarTrek.com.)

I don't think there was any theatrical release. I DO know that it was shown at a few conventions, but I think that was about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Sort of in the same way I look forward to seeing trains crash. ;)

(Not a shot at the movie... just the way, as a Trek fan, some of the fans make me cringe.) :) Trekkies (the first one) made me laugh and fear for humanity at the same time. ;)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Yeah, it's 8/31. Same as TOS: Season 1. (8/31 date comes form StarTrek.com.)

I don't think there was any theatrical release. I DO know that it was shown at a few conventions, but I think that was about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Sort of in the same way I look forward to seeing trains crash. ;)

(Not a shot at the movie... just the way, as a Trek fan, some of the fans make me cringe.) :) Trekkies (the first one) made me laugh and fear for humanity at the same time. ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Given the plummeting appeal of Star Trek these days, it's highly doubtful that this would be considered for general theatrical release.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Given the plummeting appeal of Star Trek these days, it's highly doubtful that this would be considered for general theatrical release.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The first was an entertaining if dismaying look at the Fringe Trek Element (The data Stalker etc) without looking at the Mainstream Trek fan like Me.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The first was an entertaining if dismaying look at the Fringe Trek Element (The data Stalker etc) without looking at the Mainstream Trek fan like Me.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

I have my suspicions that not everyone in the first Trekkies was authentic, or at the least, some bits were exaggerated. I haven't come across too many people who agree with me, however.

I still maintain that it's a bit suspicious that the guy who went to Radio Shack in the Captain Pike chair produced and starred in the Comedy Centrail show "Let's Bowl." In Trekkies, the guy seemed like some kind of crazy shut-in.

Of course, I wouldn't miss the sequel. :)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

I have my suspicions that not everyone in the first Trekkies was authentic, or at the least, some bits were exaggerated. I haven't come across too many people who agree with me, however.

I still maintain that it's a bit suspicious that the guy who went to Radio Shack in the Captain Pike chair produced and starred in the Comedy Centrail show "Let's Bowl." In Trekkies, the guy seemed like some kind of crazy shut-in.

Of course, I wouldn't miss the sequel. :)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

The Captain Pike guy was in SIX DAYS IN ROSWELL and yes, I agree that a lot was probably exaggerated.

Still very funny.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I dunno guys. When I was younger, I went to quite a few sci-fi conventions. I didn't see a great deal of exaggeration. Which frightened the hell outta me.

(Mind you, the only person that REALLY frightened me was the woman who wears her uniform all the time (and a bad one at that) and carries her phasers and such to work, whilst insisting on being addressed as "Commander". THAT is scary. I understand she's a "Commodore" now. Eek!)

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
Part of Trekkies 2 was filmed at the Shore Leave convention near Baltimore last year. Part of the film crew commandeered a conference room and staged aspects of a charity auction. Whether or not it's used is another story.

Also, Roger Nygard's "open window" for dissenters of the first film to send in tapes expressing such was suspiciously short.

De

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
It's no secret that some of the "trekkies" are not truly as crazy as they are potrayed. I remember listening to the 6 days in roswell commentary and they mentioned that the employee from radioshack was not actually an employee of radioshack. They also mentioned the captain pike chair was real but, that he didn't actually travel around the city in it. I don't mind a few fibs for a few laughs ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks