What's new

Trek Bloopers on DVD Releases.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Has there ever been an official, read 'non weasly exec' answer as to why these things havn't been released?

We got a small showing of one toward the end of Season 2, where Stewart does an in/out of character tape dance routine on the bridge of the enterirpse. One can only imagine how many other gems are missing :).

Maby they have enough bloopers for an entire season of shows :).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the cost-benefit ratio does not allow for their inclusion. And not all of the actors think they should be made public, regardless of the easy availability of them for years. Even if everyone agreed, it would probably be a 6-figure payoff because the gag reels were not included in their original contracts.

They're not going to sell that many extra copies

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Some people like them, which is why they're available on the underground and fan circuits and on who knows how many different VHS tapes.

So far the only bloopers I've seen commercially released or shown on TV have been the DS9 and Voyager bloopers on the home video release of Star Trek's Greatest Moments (with Jason Alexander), the Enterprise bloopers that were on the UPN bloopers show this past season (only three mild clips at that), and the Patrick Stewart song-and-dance outtake that was on the Season 5 DVD set (that one made it onto the A&E Biography on Patrick Stewart a few months back, with music!). There was also a few bloopers/outtakes from TNG's first season included in the segment of Reading Rainbow on the filming of TNG.

But I have to agree, it's because of the cost-benefit ratio that we're not seeing more bloopers commercially available.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I had also read somewhere that Paramount didn't want to "expose" Star Trek. They didn't want to break the mystique surrounding the Trek universe by not allowing the real world in. I think it was an interview with Berman and Braga, but I'm not sure. I think it's a lame excuse....

Anthony Connor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Connor
I had also read somewhere that Paramount didn't want to "expose" Star Trek. They didn't want to break the mystique surrounding the Trek universe by not allowing the real world in. I think it was an interview with Berman and Braga, but I'm not sure. I think it's a lame excuse....
I think they did a good job of that themselves.

:)

Regards

Anthony

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
The only blooper reel I want to see is Berman & Braga tripping on each other as they get booted out the door.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Oh look, a Star Trek thread that quickly descended into Berman & Braga bashing. How novel.

:rolleyes

Getting back on topic, I agree with Jeff.

not all of the actors think they should be made public, regardless of the easy availability of them for years.
I think that's the core issue right there, and why we've seen no TNG bloopers past the few first-season ones.

Anthony Connor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Connor
Sorry - It was an oporunity to good to pass up ;)

Now back to our scheduled program ......

Regards

Anthony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks