What's new

Trees Lounge: Why isn't reissue getting a new transfer? (1 Viewer)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
According to DVDFile.com Steve Buscemi's Trees Lounge is getting reissued next month. However, Artisan is repotedly rehashing the same non-anamorphic transfer. Not only is the current DVD not enhanced for 16x9, but the picture is quite soft and the colors are washed out.
This film deserves better treatment, although I realize that it's probably too inconsequential a title for the studio to justify requisitioning a new transfer.
Link Removed

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm actually suprised it's gonna get a rerelease. It's a great little film, too badBuscemi was'nt regonized for it more, it was one of his best. Doubt we'll ever see a Anamorphic version.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
So what is included in the "rerelease"? It had a commentary and some other extras (the music video for Hayden's excellent track "Tree's Lounge").

Why rerelease? What changed?

-Vince

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I think it's getting a price drop. Maybe new Cover Art, that's all

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Yeah, Dave's correct. It's part of a package of films getting the same "treatment" (i.e. no treatment at all). Here's the original paragraph from the DVDFile.com article:
Finally, Artisan has just announced reissues of a number of titles that were previously released on DVD under the Republic banner. Arriving on 3/26 are After Dark, My Sweet, The Babysitter, Light Sleeper, Queens Logic, and Trees Lounge. Unfortunately, these are all simple repackagings of the old versions, hence no new anamorphic transfers or extra features not on the previous releases. Retail is $14.95 each.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks