"TreeLine Films" DVD MegaPacks .... How's The Quality On These Products?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Von Pein, Dec 31, 2003.

1. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Feb 4, 2002
    A company called "TreeLine Films" has put out a 100-Episode 9-Disc TV-on-DVD MegaPack, as well as a 50-Movie 12-Disc DVD MegaPack.

Anybody have either of these Mega Sets? Is the PQ decent? Or of VHS quality? (Or worse? [​IMG])

(Hard to pass up 50 movies for $29.99, and 100 TV shows for $24.99 (87% off the MRP), even if the PQ is on the "less than stellar" side. [​IMG])

(Thanks for any info on these.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Apr 24, 1999
    I have both of these but haven't watched them yet- I checked part of "Til The Clouds Roll By" and it looks OK though. The only thing that scares me is the movie set has 2 movies on each side, but each side is single-layer, so it looks like they've crammed at least 3 hours on each single-layer side.
  3. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Jul 11, 2003
    Michael Elliott
    I've got the 50-movie pack and it appears the quality is better than most PD companies (Brentwood, Madacy, Alpha). I've watched THE KID, THE GENERAL and THE LOST WORLD and each looked very good. It appears THE KID was taken from the Image LD but the title card is missing so I guess this was removed to hide something. This is the 67-minute cut as well. I believe the upcoming Warner disc will feature an alternate cut done in 1971. THE GENERAL isn't as good as the Kino edition but it's still watchable. THE LOST WORLD I believe is from the Image disc but it's hard to tell because I've seen several DVDs of this title.

Abbott and Costello's AFRICA SCREAMS and JACK AND THE BEANSTALK are decent and better quality than the Alpha and Madacy versions I've seen. THE THREE STOOGES FESTIVAL appears to be the same as the Goodtimes release.

I haven't watched any of the other titles yet.
  4. Ray_Gootz

Ray_Gootz Stunt Coordinator

Aug 17, 2003
    I just got the Treeline mystery 50-pack today. Mostly because my Dad really likes Suddenly. The quality is pretty good. Now I wish i had gotten the Horror one. Definetly pick one of these up if you have money to spend.