Treehouse of Horror XIII

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RossTerry, Nov 3, 2002.

1. RossTerry

RossTerry Guest

a solid halloween episode and good way to start the new Simpsons season

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I agree. The Homer Clones segment was drop-dead hilarious and the Dr. Moreau parody was quite funny despite a slow start.
    Looking forward to a whole new season!! [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

How far this show has fallen. So sad.

I think I laughed once. You can see most of the jokes coming, they've somehow made Ralph Wiggum not funny and now the 'minor' characters are in every single episode. Remember when Frink was a rare appearance?

It's no longer a show to get excited about. Hopefully Malcom will be worth watching.

4. Robt_Moore

Robt_Moore Stunt Coordinator

Have they changed their animation style? The episode "looked" different. And Maude's ghost--didn't she have the voice of Mrs. Rev. Lovejoy? I guess I shouldn't try to surf and watch TV at the same time.

5. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

The Homer-Clones segement was good, but the other two skits were so unfunny.

And why were there no Halloween pun names in the credits this season?

6. Kristian

Kristian Supporting Actor

It was an enjoyable episode overall, but you could definitely tell this was the 14th season.

Favorite moment: Season 1 Homer making an appearance in the "Send in the Clones" segment.

7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    surprised no one has mentioned the surprise guest during the clone segment.

peter from family guy was one of the clones.

8. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

7 out of 10...not too many laughs, but not really bad.

favorite moment:
    homer playing "fur elise", and basically the whole musical sequence in "the fright to creep and scare harms"

9. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

Disprite the sorta lame opening with Maude, the rest of the show prove good. Even so the last bit was a bit unfunny, not because of the material, but because I seen the commerisals (television and radio) about hundred times, basicly showing all the scenes. Do love the old Homer bit. One thing, what up with the Kang and Kronos bit. Did I miss a joke or they jsut had bad materials. Good episode overall, but hoping the rest of the season is better then last season.

10. Craig_T

Craig_T Second Unit

For some reason they feel it's absolutely necessary to have Kang & Kodos in every Halloween episode, even if they have nothing to do, like tonight. Anyway, The first segment was good, the second forgettable, and the third average. Lots of great sight gags in the first segment.

11. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

12. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

Actually, this wasn't the real premiere/first showing. If you live on the West Coast and stuck with Fox last week after the anti-climactic Game Seven of the World Series, you already saw the Halloween episode!!! Yes, Fox viewers on the West Coast actually got their first look at this year's Halloween special last week. Fox would never let everyone down by showing a Halloween special one week late, so they did the West Coast a special favor!

By the way, the reason Fox has done the one-week delay thing on "The Simpsons" is because of their rights to Major League Baseball. Ugh!

13. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

the only LOL moment for me in the whole ep was "In the jungle, the creepy jungle..."

There were some funny moments in Send in the Clones, but overall pretty lame.

14. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

15. MickeS

MickeS Producer

"Send in the clones" was really funny, and the end of "The vacation of lost souls" (?) was good. The Billy The Kid segment was not funny at all.

/Mike

16. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Liked the first segment, especilly the last 5 minutes. The Old Homer clone really made my day.

The second episode might have been the worst Halloween segment ever - extremely unfunny and stupid

The Third segment was OK, although I did break out laughing at turkey Frink.

Overall - average

17. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

I think the problem with the last two segments was that they didn't get enough time to develop unlike the first segment which was almost 10 minutes long. The second segment seemed rushed and ended abruptly. The third one was pretty funny especially the frink turkey bit but also seemed too short. I think the halloween specials would be better off being a one hour special and maybe have three or four well developed segments instead of one well developed segment and two rushed segments. I've felt this way about pretty much all of the halloween episodes.

18. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

19. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

Some comments:

1. In the commentary for the first "Treehouse of Horror" episode they comment that creating the "pun" names got to be more trouble than it was worth, so they dropped the gimmick.

2. They also commented that occasionally they forget to include Kang and Kodos and have to throw them in. That's clearly what happened this time.

3. That was "Tracy Ullman Homer" not "Season One Homer" in the clone sequence.

4. I was quite shocked at the return of Maggie Roswell as Maude Flanders.

20. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

I somehow messed up my recording of this. [​IMG] It's my most looked to show of the entire year. So if somebody would be willing to send me a copy, I'd be enternally grateful. I'll send you some money through Paypal to cover the costs of the tape and shipping.
    Email me at ross@n2h2.com if you can. Thanks.