What's new

Treasure Planet on 4/29 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
If you didn't see this one in theaters, it's a very good adaptation of Treasure Island set in space. No word on specs yet, but it looks like Disney is streeting the disc on 4/29. Here's the cover:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
They fucked up the cover! Where's the beautiful theatrical poster art??????? :confused: :confused: :confused:
There's better be a 2-disc CE (make it a doubleheader with Lilo & Stitch 2-disc CE).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The cover is godawful. The movie was not nearly as bad as some people have made it out to be.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
There's an interesting article at http://jimhillmedia.com explaining why this flopped at the theaters. Not because it's not very good (it's VERY good), but because everyone knew Disney would be putting it out on DVD within 6 months of its theatrical release.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I definitely won't buy it unless there's a good 2 disc set with DTS. I'm still holding out on Lilo & Stitch for the same reasons.

Dan

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
PaulP, tell us how you really feel. :D The cover's not the greatest but the movie is what really counts and it's a good one.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I will be buying this sight unseen which I don't usually do for a movie, but I expect to like this one a lot.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Checked two DVD sites for the specs on Treasure Planet and neither mention the aspect ratio the disc will have. Hope Disney doesn't make this 4:3 because of the poor theatrical run, trying to maximize kiddie profits.

Paul

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Doubt it will be Fullscreen. The announced extras sound...okay. Like a poor man's Atlantis CE, actually.

And the specs do say 1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well these appear to be the full features for the release:
------------------------------
DVD Features:
Three Navigational Platforms including:
* Visual Commentary (In addition to providing audio commentary, join the Producer and Directors as they take viewers behind the scenes)
* Family Menu
* Behind-The-Scenes Menu
Deleted Scenes
Alternate Ending
RLS Legacy Game
Take a virtual 3-D tour of the ship and be challenged to the ultimate treasure hunt
Disney's Animated Magic
Go behind the scenes with Walt Disney Feature Animation Chairman Roy Disney
Disney Pedia: The Life of A Pirate Revealed
Discover fun and interesting tales of the age of piracy
Still Art Galleries
Character Galleries
Animation Featurette
Dimensional Staging
Merging 2D and 3D Worlds
Music Featurette
Music Video
And Much More
Widescreen anamorphic format
------------------------------
So at least it's widescreen.
The features listed seem to match the ones certified by the BBFC shown here. I'm disapponted it won't be a two disc set ("Curse You Disney") but I'm happy that the still artwork gallaries are included. Let's hope that they have more substance than the 'scrapbooks' found on most Gold Collection Discs.
And what's a "Family Menu"? Does Disney have something against Families? Because it sounds like Disney equate families with idiots - A "Family Friendly" Disc featuring a P&S transfer in the Roger Rabbit VISTA release, "Family Friendly" widescreen (where the borders are not as big), and now a "Family Menu" - presumably it only has one option... play!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks