1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Treasure Planet Due 4/29 -and- Toy Story Going OOP!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jake Lipson, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Screenwriter

Jake Lipson
    Good news: DVDFile.com has just reported that Disney will bow Treasure Planet on DVD 4/29. The cover art shown is family-oriented, so I would assume any plans for a collector's edition got scraped and that this is another packed single-discer like Lilo & Stitch. No specs yet, though.

Bad news: Disney has added both Toy Story movies to their Disappearing Classics staple, and both will go out-of-print on April 15.

It is interesting to note that this is the first time a Pixar movie has gone out of print. (A Bug's Life CE went OOP, but the film itself continued to remain available for purchase in other versions.) As such, I'm wondering if this extends to all versions of the movies or just the big "Toy Box," but either way, hurry and get 'em if you haven't already. I have both on VHS but will need to upgrade to DVD quick - and I want the big box. Not good news, considering how much else I've got to have.

Anyway, there ya go....

2. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

a Vault Disney Tresure Island would be a great tie-in...

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

4. AndyBeaderstadt

AndyBeaderstadt Auditioning

Glad I saw this posted here. I've been meaning to pick up the Toy Story Toy Box, but have been holding off. Looks like I'm going to have to kick it up on my "must buy" list.