What's new

Treasure from the Tomb (1 Viewer)

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Sorting through a pile of half-inch open-reel videotapes I bought for a pittance along with a machine, I found something I need information about.
This is a television special called Tut: The Boy King, narrated by Orson Welles, which appeared on NBC in conjunction with an exhibit of the Treasures of the Pharaoh Tutankhamun's Tomb at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, apparently some time in the middle nineteen-seventies. It was sponsored by Exxon and the Hartford insurance organisation.
Can anyone tell me anything about this programme? I only have the first half-hour, clearly taped off-air by someone disregarding the notice on the back of the machine not to record copyrighted materials, and I'd like to know more about it than just what appears in the video.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
And here's a jewel! an NBC movie-of-the-week type presentation [I'm pretty sure, the recordist cut out the commercials and bumpers, and it comes in at the middle] of something my father thinks is called "The Delphi Bureau", apprently th pilot of a TV show which may have run for 1 season in 1972 or so, with Burgess Meredith as the head of a spy agency with only one agent, a fellow with a radio in his head so they are in constant contact with him. It's intriguing to see the things they tought of as science-fiction concepts -- instant wireless access to computer databases, digital video processing, combining a sattellite location system with a map database to get instant directions!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks