What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Tray Assembly weird whirring noise (1 Viewer)

Drew Salzan

Second Unit
I also have a Pioneer laserdisc player. The only problem I have with it is the tray assembly. When I insert CDs and laserdiscs there is this weird whirring noise that comes from inside. After several tries it finally kicks in and plays beautifully. I would love to have it serviced because I have many laserdiscs that I still would like to play for the supplements and alternate audio. I prefer not to search for a new player but don’t think I’ll be able to have it looked at by a professional. Any thoughts?

marshman1138

Stunt Coordinator
I also have a Pioneer laserdisc player. The only problem I have with it is the tray assembly. When I insert CDs and laserdiscs there is this weird whirring noise that comes from inside. After several tries it finally kicks in and plays beautifully. I would love to have it serviced because I have many laserdiscs that I still would like to play for the supplements and alternate audio. I prefer not to search for a new player but don’t think I’ll be able to have it looked at by a professional. Any thoughts?
I bought a DVD recorder and recorded my LD's on to DVD's with the secondary audio, or the supplements, or the image galleries. worked out really well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McMillan
Recent bookmarks