What's new

Travelling to Houston.... (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I will be traveling to Houston in Mid March. Couple of things I need to know. Other then Johnson Space center, what other tourist things can I take in while down there? Good restaurants, and hotels?

What channels show Buffy and Angel, and when? LOL

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
Was there on business recently. The Four Seasons is a very nice hotel. I recommend it. Can't remember any specific restaurants, but there's a reason Houston's the fattest city in America: lots of good food.
-Erik

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Gotta agree with that one.

Lets see you want to head down to Westhiemer and Richmond (These are streets), tons of restraunts and clubs along both of these roads within a 2 squaremile area.

Mid March the big Rodeo will still be going on if your into that. Checkout Dave and Busters if your into pool, and video games. Lots of concerts and theater things happening.

As for good restraunts around the area.

Depends on how much money you can spend.
Fogo de Chao (Brazillian Chascaria (sp?) awsome restraunmt with great food and an interesting way of service if you've never been to one before. 2 people for dinner will run you about $150.
Rodizeo Grill, simialr style place but a tad bit cheaper.
Babin's great cajun style seafood, best seafood place I've been to in Houston. 2 people will run about $75.
Mortons steakhouse Best Steakhouse I've been to in Houston. 2 people will be about $150, depending on what you order.
Pappa Brothers Steakhouse Similar not quite as good but a little less expensive

Shopping can be done at the Galleria area, or any of the dozen or so Malls around Houston.

It kind of depends where you will be in Houston as it takes about an hour just to drive to the other side. Houston is pretty spread out.

Where are you going to be?

Buffy, comes on at 7pm on Tuesdays, and Angle comes on at 8pm on Wednesdays.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I'm only going to recommend one place to eat because the list could go on and on: Fogo de Chao. Well, maybe for dessert you could stop by the Cheesecake Factory. :)

For tourist stuff, there are some good museums (haven't been to any yet). There's Six Flags Astroworld, but I'm not sure it's open yet. While you're down in the Clear Lake area for JSC (the tourist stuff is run by Space Center Houston), you could go over to Kemah and check out the Boardwalk. They've got some pretty good seafood over there.

As for Buffy, your best bet is to go to Link Removed and see what listings it gives. The channels may vary depending on what cable/satellite source you use during your vacation.

Leroy

Second Unit
Aside form Space Center, there is the new Downtown Aquarium in the theater district (which is also a fun spot to visit, plenty of restaraunts, an Angelika theater, some cool clubs). The Richmond district can be fun, just be careful of the younger and much rowdier crowd that fills up the strip. Polly Esther's ('70's and '80's club) and City Streets(Country, Dance, Karaoke and such all in one, nice Happy Hour Buffet too!) are a lot of fun.

A nice resataraunt for(if you like or would like to try)Indonesian food is Mata-Hari on Dairy Ahsford just north of Westheimer. Really goooooood!!:emoji_thumbsup:

The muesem district with the Natural Science, Art, Children's museams and the Holocost Museum.

If your into antiques and such, there's tons of shops on upper Westheimer.

Of course as mentioned the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is going on thru the 16th i believe.

A 45 minute drive down I-45 you can go to Galveston and vist the Strand Historical District, Moody Gardens (home of the Rainforest, Aquarium and Discovery Pyramids along with a white sand beach).

Oh, Buffy is on UPN 20, Angel on WB 39.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Thanks very much to every one who has replied so far.

Things are still in transition, I may be down for a week, or two, or more. Glad Corporate is so decisive. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks