What's new

Trapper John, M.D. (1 Viewer)

LoriB

Grip
Any info regarding the release of this great show?? its one that definitely should be out on DVD--I`m surprised there`s been no mention of it.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I would love to see that episode with Michael J. Fox plays a really young Doctor. It seems like Doogie Howser ripped off that episode for their series.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
Put it on the list with all of the other great medical shows from the past, most far better, that have yet to see a release. Ben Casey, Dr. Kildare, Marcus Welby, Medical Center, Chicago Hope, The Bold Ones, etc.

It seems that certain genres are just not of interest to the companies releasing shows. Also on that list are teacher shows: Mr. Novak, Channing, Room 222, Lucas Tanner, Paper Chase.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I hadn't thought about this until you listed them here, but you're right, Hank, there's just not much in whe way of medical shows available on DVD. "ER" would be the most obvious, and some might consider Trapper John's "prequel" "M*A*S*H" a medical show of sorts, but I'd have to pause after that . . . .

"Emergency!" might qualify as a quasi-hospital show and Richard Boone's oldie from the mid-1950s "Medic" has some PD episodes floating around.

Marty McKee

Auditioning
Real Name
Marty McKee
TRAPPER JOHN, M.D. is now airing once a week on the AmericanLife TV Network.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

There are so many great shows airing on that network, but i don't think many of us even get that channel unfortunately. I would love to have it!

As for Trapper John i actually did watch that show and liked it quite abit, the odd thing about it is i never cared for MASH at all. Does anyone else find that strange? I realize they are not the same show and all, but i see alot of MASH fans wanting this now that MASH has been completely released. I don't even have my vote in for this, as i never gave it a chance to ever see the light of day. I guess it can't hurt for me to put my vote in, because i probably would buy it if released!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am wondering if this show will be released now that Pernell Roberts has passed away. I like this show growing up. It would be nice to see it come out on dvd.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I'd love to see this released on dvd. I'm actually surprised it isn't already. It was a pretty popular show when it first aired. My favorite episode is the one with Shirley Hemphill where she wants a stomach bypass to help her lose weight. Great episode!

I would think it might be on the verge of being released possibly with the death of pernell roberts

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks