1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Trapped directed by Richard Fleischer

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Robin9, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Robin9

Robin9 Producer

Robin
    I want to by a decent DVD of Trapped which stars Lloyd Bridges and Barbara Payton. There seem to be several around and one is from Alpha Video which I will not buy for the usual reason. There is also one from Film Detective who claim to have restored the film. Does anyone know if this disc is worth buying?

Bob Gu likes this.
  2. Bob Gu

Bob Gu Screenwriter

Bob Gudera
    Robin9, you can watch, The Film Detective restoration, TRAPPED at The Film Detective site, for free. I have the Alpha and this looks like the same print that goes to the left a little, and is on YouTube, too. The Film Detective version does look somewhat better than the Alpha. They did take out some lines and brightened the picture. One of the YouTube TRAPPED uploads is actually another Lloyd Bridges movie, that looks interesting, called THREE STEPS NORTH-1951.

TRAPPED page at Film Detective:
    http://thefilmdetective.tv/video/trapped-1949/58d335eb1bdf331466005755/

Robin9 likes this.
  3. Andrew M

Andrew M Second Unit

Wait for the Flicker Alley release. It will be a restored version produced by the Film Noir Foundation.

Bob Gu and Robin9 like this.
  4. Robin9

Robin9 Producer

Robin
    Many thanks, gentlemen. I'll wait for the Flicker Alley disc before shelling out but I'll watch the "freebie" version on Film Detective until then.

Bob Gu likes this.