What's new

Transporting a PBD-ISD in box (1 Viewer)

TonyWright

Second Unit
I have a 1/2 ton truck with a tonneau cover on it. I am going to use it to transport a PB2-ISD in it's shipping carton to my house. (Have to have it delivered to my office because no one will be at home to receive it).

My question is does anyone know if it will hurt the sub to transport it on it's side while still in the box? The tonneau cover will not give me enough clearance to stand the box upright.

I only have to go 25 miles so I would guess that it would be ok, but I want to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

WayneO

Supporting Actor
They are pretty well built subs and I wouldn't sweat it.
Any sub should be able to handle transport like that and probably receive rougher handling going from the manufacturing plant to wherever.

TonyWright

Second Unit
That's what I was thinking as well. Just wanted to make sure. I would hate to damage it.

Tony

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
The above poster nailed it. That ride in your truck will feel like a stretch limo compared to shipping from SVS's place to yours.

TonyWright

Second Unit
Thanks to all for the replies. I am just going over all of the details now. Something has to keep me busy until I make my purchase. :)

BTW, does anyone know about how long it will take to have one shipped to Texas? Can I expect a week? Two weeks?

That wait is going to kill me.

Thanks again,

Tony

Doug McBride

Auditioning
Based upon my experience in California, each of my subs arrived in just under a week. I would expect less for you since you are closer. Figure a week worse case. However, you will get a shipping notification from Bax that will indicate date of delivery.

Enjoy the bass,

Doug

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Tony,

You will be fine transporting on the sub's side.

The subs voice coils will be setting sideways (vice in their intended suspension alignment) so it'd be nice not to have 55PSI in your tires that day... but as long as you don't go offroading you'll be OK.

Ron

TonyWright

Second Unit
Ron,

Thanks for the reply! That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I will keep the sub in the bed of the truck as close to the cab as possible. That should keep it from bouncing around as much as it might in the rear of the bed. Granted I will probably be driving slow anyway. Traffic is a nightmare where I live so I doubt I will get above 40 or 50 mph.

I'm looking forward to placing my order. It seems as though I have been waiting forever.

Thanks again for the information.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks