transponder intermittant

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Tondreault, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Mike Tondreault

Mike Tondreault Auditioning

Hey guys. I just changed my multiswitch from a 4X2 to a 4X4 to accomodate adding a Tivo. My problem is now I get perfect readings on some transponders and 0 on others. I need to know in ya'lls experience, is this a bad switch or was I clumsy and knocked the dish out of alignment. It is a high def dish and directv was no help. I am getting some channels on all three boxes, but not all of them. TIA for your help.

2. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

If you're getting a signal on even transponder numbers but not on odd transponder numbers, or vice versa, check your cable connections. If all three receivers are affected then it's probably a cable problem between the multiswitch and the dish.

3. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I've had this a couple of times on my Sony T-60 (DirecTiVo). It seems that the problem was with the box itself as the reboot has fixed it every time.

--Dmitry

4. Mike Tondreault

Mike Tondreault Auditioning

Thanks for the help guys. It appears that this multiswitch input wiring was different from the other one. Hence, me wiring it incorrectly. I got it figured out and working now. I just need to figure out how to activate the second tuner in my satt60 now. Again, sincere thanks for the replies.

5. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Mike, to enable the second tuner you need to go through the satellite setup again. That is assuming that you have software version 2.5, if it's earlier than you'll have to wait till your box downloads it.