Transparent ULTRA subwoofer cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carbon Klein, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Carbon Klein

Carbon Klein Auditioning

Does any body know anything about Transparent cables in their Ultra line? How much is the retail for a 10 ft subwoofer cable? Transparent's website constantly mention the network system. What's the story behind that?

Thanks for any info!

2. Mike_Ch

Mike_Ch Stunt Coordinator

Carbon,

Don't know about the US (I assume that's where you live), but here, 10ft would sell for at least US$1000 (2*RCA cables). Unless you have very high-end equipment, I would put my money into better electronics/speakers.

Cheers,
    Mike

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

maybe the network refers to the network of money you need coming in to buy them. seriously though, there's not much that's expected of a sub cable in the way of handling frequencies.

4. Bill Mullin

Bill Mullin Stunt Coordinator

I've noticed a number of eBay auctions for the new Monster THX subwoofer cables at very reasonable prices. Does anyone know if these are any good?

- Bill

5. Michael_Hml

Michael_Hml Stunt Coordinator

I'd suggest checking out some place like bluejeanscable.com and have them build you a custom sub cable. You'll get the length you need, they use very good quality cable and connectors and they aren't going to make your wallet bleed.

I had them build a complete set of interconnects for me, and I've been VERY happy with them.

-Mike