What's new

Transmitting Video Signals Wirelessly (1 Viewer)

Lin Park

Second Unit
I want to put my entire HT in a room that has no coaxial cable access. It won't be easy to run a feed from another room at this point. Is there a way to transmit the coaxial feed from one room directly into the other. I've found ways to do simple NTSC stuff but I'm looking for the whole deal including HD content.

Thanks!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
What do you mean by “whole deal? Re HD content – if you mean HDTV you could simply set up an antenna in that room.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Lin Park

Second Unit
I intend on having Cable TV so I'd like to broadcast the entire feed from the bedroom outlet into the living room where the HT will be. This would include regular broadcast TV as well as HD content. Is this doable now or am I just dreaming? It seems like something very simple to do but I can't seem to find any products online that have this capability.

I'm looking at running a hard wire from the bedroom to the living room but was hoping for something wireless to save me time.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just dreaming. We can't even get a good product for wireless transmission of SD television. The Terk Leapfrog will sometimes lose the picture when talking on a cordless phone or turning on the microwave. Bandwidth for HD is much more than SD.

-Robert

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
In theory you could use 3 transmitters with composite inputs, one for each of the 3 component signals (and stick audio onto one of them too). Of course it probably still won't look very good. HD signals can have a signal components in the range of 30MHz, and those transmitters are probably dropping everything above 5Mhz or so.
To do it right you'd really need an ATSC encoder on the sending end, and an ATSC tuner on the receiving end. Of course the encoder will probably cost more than your TV, and tuners still run around $200-$300 I believe.

If I were you, I'd look *real* hard for a way of running a some simple (and comparatively cheap) RG6 into your room. If you have a basement or attic you can use to run wires, then it's usually a pretty simple deal that can be done in an afternoon.

-- Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks