Transition to Cox

Don_K

Agent
Our local cable company was acquired by Cox, and we're currently in a "transition" period. Cox replaced the old DVR with a Scientific Atlanta 8300 - standard definition. And it absolutely SUCKS! Having had DVR's provided by Dish, DirecTV, and Replay TV.... this SA 8300 is the undisputed bottom feeder.

It jumps to Live TV when watching a recorded program, if another recording event occurs. Returning to a partially watched recording, you have to fast forward from the beginning. If I select a recording in progress from the 'recorded programs' list I get the program at it's live point, rather than from the beginning.

Has anyone else gone through a transition to Cox? Is this as good as it's gonna get? Or is this limited functionality until the Cox transition is complete?

TIA

Don

Ronn.W

Second Unit
I haven't gone "through a transition" with Cox, but I have Cox cable, and that same DVR. Yep, that's how it acts. In my mind, this is one of the reasons there is Tivo, and then there are generic cable DVR's. It's all about the features. The SA DVR doesn't have half of what a Tivo offers. At the end of the day though, you'll get used to how it operates, and it will get less frustrating. On the plus side, everything you record with the SA DVR is going to be the same as broadcast quality.

Rick89114

Grip
Real Name
Richard
Not sure if this thread is still alive but I read somewhere that Cox is going to eventually have TIVO software on your SA box.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23