Transformers- What's next on the horizon?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Eric Emma, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Supporting Actor

I'm talking in terms of Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory... Will these TF shows ever see the light of day?

2. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory and Zone are out in Japan already (but without English subtitles).

Go to Geneon's site and type トランスフォーマー in the タイトル・アーティスト box for a list of all the Transformers DVDs.

ビクトリー = Victory
    超神マスターフォース = Masterforce
    ヘッドマスターズ = Headmasters

Zone was put out by another company, so it is not listed on that site.

As for releases with English subtitles, I haven't heard anything. But there is a guy working on fansubs for Masterforce, which can be used in DVD subber.

3. Arnold Y

Arnold Y Extra

There was a report on tvshowsondvd.com where a rep for Rhino was questioned regarding Transformers Headmasters. I recall the rep saying that as of right now, Rhino will not be brining over Headmasters to the US anytime soon.

4. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    Seeing as it's been a while since I've followed the TF, is there a helpful reference that explains how all these series tie together with Gen 1, Beast Wars, etc.... and even Armada and Energon? Just curious [​IMG]

5. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I wrote something like that on my US & UK Season 1 Comparison. I'm sure there is probably a better document out there somewhere.

Apparently, all the series after Beast Machines take place in an alternate universe (or something) and aren't part of the G1 continuity.

6. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    Kinda sounds like the Highlander series, which took place in another dimension since Connor MacLeod won the prize in this one. Didn't keep them from making 2 appalling sequels to the movie though. The fourth movie was the sequel to the series and not the previous movie trilogy. Sorry, kinda off topic there. As far as Transformers go, after the original series in the mid '80's, I didn't bother to keep up with what was happening. I got all the dvd box sets for the first series and I'm happy with those. Thanks Rhino! Looking forward to completing my original GI Joe collection. Bring on Thundercats, Voltron and Tranzor Z (anyone remember that last?).

7. Steven Wesley

Steven Wesley Second Unit

Steve
    Thanks for the link, Jeff.