What's new

Transformers (2007) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've been too spoiled by other "teasers" like the new Spidey trailer to appreciate a true teaser like this one.

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator
from comingsoon.net

Interesting items have appeared online about the new Transformers teaser trailer which you can now watch at the film's official website.

First up, Michael Bay cleared up a couple of items about the clip on his Blog:

BTW, for those of you asking:

1- None of the Mars story, launch footage, and rover footage is going to be in the movie.

2.- Yes, Bay did shoot the rover footage.

Also, VFXTalk.com has posted an interview with Imaginary Forces, the company that created the title reveal in the teaser. Here's a clip:

"The teaser marks the first branding effort for the film," explains IF Art Director Sean Koriakin, who was also Imaginary Forces' Lead Animator and Designer. "We knew there would be limited footage available and only a glimpse of a robot so it was important that we define this new world and aesthetic in the title reveal. The title is a detailed piece of architecture that is intricate, logical and clearly articulated. There are many elements and panels that fit into each other perfectly like a giant jigsaw puzzle. We spent a lot of time working on textures and creating the shapes of the parts - with interiors that were anatomical and derived from a human muscle form. In keeping with the film's portrayal of the Transformers, we had to make the title appear as realistic as possible."

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
I saw the midnight of Pirates and this trailer played. I'm not bullshitting, the entire 400 in attendance went nuts over it. There was some serious clappin and hollerin when the Transformers logo appeared on screen and even more when it turned into the Autobot symbol. It made me crack a huge grin.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i told my 6'5" 280lb, offensive-line playing, comic-reading, toy-collecting buddy that optimus might be a fire engine instead of a mack-truck, and he almost pulled my arms off...

please please please please let optimus-prime be a mack truck.

please.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
please please please please let optimus-prime be a mack truck.
According to the interview they showed from the San Diego ComiCon, Prime will indeed be an 18-wheeler. :emoji_thumbsup:

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
to Peter Cullen being the voice of Optimus. Now if they can just get Welker for Megatron...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
:emoji_thumbsup:

With Prime looking right, I can sure live with the changed Bumblebee. He already looks cool in the partially transformed mode at that link.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
I know one thing, a few changes aren't going to dissuade me from seeing this. Its an adaptation...the directors have the right to make some changes.

Such being said, I am glad that they didn't change Optimus Prime's voice!

wheee!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks