What's new

Transformers: The Last Knight (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Nothin'? Really?

We saw it this afternoon. There was runnin', and shoutin', and 'splosions, and. . .and. . .yeah, that's about it. They scattered a few good jokes in there, at least.

It was similar to the last one, in that it was really long and chaotic, with about three times as many speaking parts as it needed, but 'twas superior in that the draggy parts 'tween 'splosions were shorter.

It was pretty much what I expected. Aside from the theater being completely empty aside from us, although 12:30 on a Wednesday afternoon will do that to ya.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So here's my weird thing with Transformers. I missed the first movie entirely. I saw the second film at home on PPV while visiting family over Thanksgiving break in '09, and found it to be so dreadful that I actually went into the kitchen, made a pecan pie from scratch, and was flabbergasted that the movie wasn't even close to over when I finished. I saw the third film in theaters because it was natively shot 3D just as 3D was coming back, and I saw the fourth film because it included native 3D and was the first movie to use the new IMAX digital camera. I wasn't really interested in the movies, and found them to be too long and not particularly interesting.

And yet, I am planning on seeing the fifth one. My excuse is that it uses the IMAX digital cameras again, and I do like the experience of watching movies on that giant screen with the changing aspect ratio. But I need to rewatch the fourth one because I have no memory of anything in it. And I've been a little busier than usual this week, so I wasn't able to make opening night.

If I can rewatch the fourth film before this new one leaves IMAX, I'll see it in theaters. If I can't make that happen, I'll probably wait til the disc.

I was excited to see that this one is only 2 1/2 hours. The last one was nearly 3 hours, so that feels like a step in the right direction.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Nothin'? Really?.....

Aside from the theater being completely empty aside from us

Well you kind of answered your own question there. :)

I missed the first movie entirely.

Since you've seen the rest, you should go back and watch the first. It's arguably the best of the entire series. #2 makes a strong case for being the worst, so you tainted yourself to begin with. :P

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well you kind of answered your own question there. :)

Since you've seen the rest, you should go back and watch the first. It's arguably the best of the entire series. #2 makes a strong case for being the worst, so you tainted yourself to begin with. :P

Jeff is not wrong. The first is fun and we were once full of hope.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
This is one of those "wait for streaming" flicks. My 9 year old likes them but after about an hour of mindless CGI fighting and explosions, I go numb and tune out. It just gets too repetitive and boring for me.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
For some reason we see all of these and are seeing the latest next week. I remember the battle scenes being very confusing last time because I could not tell one robot from another and didn't know who to root for.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
This is one of those "wait for streaming" flicks. My 9 year old likes them but after about an hour of mindless CGI fighting and explosions, I go numb and tune out. It just gets too repetitive and boring for me.

We sometimes do "wait until we buy the Blu ray"'at our house.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Saw it Thursday night... All 6 of us in the theater for a 3D showing... It was decent flick, I think better in some ways then the last couple but I just feel like it is time to wrap it up...

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Watched this on video, and I think it was probably the worst one in terms of plot out of all of them. It was sure nice to look at, but it's the first one out of all of them that left me very confused at the end wondering what the hell was going on the entire movie. Characters motivations, and allegiances seemed to be written by several different people who never communicated with each other and then someone just cherry picked certain bits of each script that they liked and threw them all together with no one bothering with any continuity. I wasn't really certain who was against who, and who was the bad or good guy, and there were multiple sub-plots that seemed not to have anything to do with anything.

The whole Unicron and horns growing out of the Earth was brought up and then completely ignored. I suppose that's material for a sequel, but it's bizarre the way it's presented here.

The suspension of dis-belief and complete ignoring of physics was waaaay past 11 here too. Global ending calamities are brushed off like no big deal. So Hong Kong is completely wiped out right? Who knows, we see complete and total disaster and devastation heading towards it, and then it cuts away and we never see it again. I'm sure having a planetary sized object literally connected to the Earth isn't going to affect atmosphere and orbit or anything like that right?

What a big mess. I'm a fan of the series too, but this movie made no god damn sense.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Mr. Completist here made the mistake of buying the first film on Blu ray, so here I am again with the latest 3D Blu. Boy do these all run together! Thank God I made such a fuss about what crap Pirates of the Caribbean was, my wife would never let me buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks