What's new

Transformers Season 2 Part 1 cover art (1 Viewer)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Nice.

I just noticed the "Part 1". I was wondering how they were going to release Season 2 since there's approx more episodes in Season 2 than there are in 1 and 3 combined.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Rhino Press Release:

TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2
Rhino Home Video brings the first half of the extraordinarily popular animated show's second season to DVD for the first time. The collector's set includes 24 episodes plus extras and special features on four discs. The second half of the season will be available in April 2003.

TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 BOXED SET, SRP $59.95
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 1, SRP $19.95
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 2, SRP $19.95
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 3, SRP $19.95
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 4, SRP $19.95

VHS
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 BOXED SET, SRP $49.95

November 12, 2002.

Vince Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome stuff, pretty reasonable price too.
But you know, I haven't even seen a single box of the first season ANYWHERE in a Canadian brick-and-mortar store.. wierd.

-V

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
I just wish they (Rhino) would start doing the same with G.I. JOE! I undertstand that the initial Transformers discs out-sold the G.I. Joe ones, but there is no reason why they cannot put the same level of effort into some more Joe DVDs. It definitely has its fans.
If there is one thing I hate, it's a studio just sitting on a license for no good reason, doing nothing. :angry:

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I think the main customers for the Transformers series are people like me who grew up with it. I love reliving my childhood. I have a two-year-old son also, and he loves them too. I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be the same market for the GI Joe cartoons. I'd gladly shell out $50 per season for those as well.
Yo Joe!
:emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My son, 4, enjoys the G.I. Joe: The Movie disc enough that he would jump all over a season release. Same way he can't get enough of Transformers right now.

Bring on VOLTRON!!!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
David,

Are the GI Joe and Transformer movies in the correct OAR? I'm assuming they are since you own them, but I wanted confirmation before I picked them up.

This conversation just makes me want GI Joe seasons that much worse. I've always liked Transformers, but GI Joe is even better.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
He-Man was acknowledged as "coming" at the recent San Diego Comics Convention. Both the old and the new series.
Hey, has anyone seen the new toys in stores? My local Wal-Mart started carrying the new Masters Of The Universe toys a few weeks ago with some "Beetle Basher" thingie, that had a He-Man toy in it. Then they carried the normal He-Man, Man-At-Arms, and Skeletor toys. The most recent thing they got in was a huge Castle Greyskull playset! :eek:
But the COOL thing they got in just before the Greyskull playset were the Battle Sound He-Man and Battle Sound Skeletor action figures. $11.88 each, they have a button on the side where the characters speak classic lines like "By the Power of Greyskull" or "I will conquer Eternia". Not a large range of phrases, but cool weapons and some of the "armor" is removable (won't go into detail there; it's not much...mostly neckgear).
The thing that makes these last two COOL are the VIDEOS that are packed with them!!! It's alas a VHS, but with one complete episode of He-Man on it, from beginning (Filmation logo...and a Hallmark logo edited in!) to end (including "lessons learned" and closing credits).
Check this out:

Skeletor comes with "The Problem With Power", and He-Man comes with either "Dragon Invasion" (which is the one I got) or "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance" (which showed up a couple of days later, and I would have preferred):

$11.88 each at Wal-Mart. I expect Toys R Us and Target has these as well. There may be more video choices, but those are the three I saw, and all Amazon show.
Whets my appetite for the DVDs...

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Anyone have the episode listing for the discs yet by any chance? I'm assuming they'll go in the order they aired again instead of production order.

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
G.I. Joe, 2003.
Seriously? Is this a wish/guess... or has it been at least unofficially "confirmed" by Rhino?? Their website and PR emails continue to state that "there are no plans at this time" for further G.I. JOE DVDs (which, as I stated earlier, would be dumb).

I want these... NOW!!!

One thing, though. IIRC, before the show actually started with regular episodes and seasons there was some kind of 2 or 3 part "movie" that dealt with G.I. JOE trying to stop Cobra from using some kind of weather device or something. I'm not talking about G.I. JOE: THE MOVIE, which features Serpentor and came near/at the end of the show's run... this was well before that. And I seem to recall some Aztec pyramids being part of it somehow.

Are my memories jumbled, or was this really so? And, if so... was this a separate "movie" or actually part of Season 1?? In either case, I MUST have these as they were my introduction to G.I. JOE (outside of the toys and comics, of course)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Carl, I think you are referring to the five-part miniseries The Revenge Of Cobra, which aired in 1984. Season One aired in 1985 but there two five-part miniseries before that, A Real American Hero, which aired in 1983, and The Revenge Of Cobra, which aired in 1984. (See QKTheatre.com for more details.) I wonder how Rhino will handle the releases of the these two miniseries next year when they start releasing the series.

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, that's it! They had better release these if they intend on releasing Season sets.
So, it's indeed now a WHEN (2003) and not an IF when it comes to more JOE DVDs?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Are the GI Joe and Transformer movies in the correct OAR? I'm assuming they are since you own them, but I wanted confirmation before I picked them up.
I don't know about GI Joe, but The Transformers: The Movie is open-matte full frame. If you want it OAR, you have to make your own mattes. If you're playing the movie on a HTPC, DVDSubber will let you put in your own black bars.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Not a fan of open matte, but at least it isn't panned and scanned. Does anyone else know about GI Joe the movie OAR?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Ill pick up the next transformers set probably after the christmas holiday in december, along with a few other tv show sets with my x-mas/birthday money. There is so much coming out in November I have to have some restraint and hold off till then. Who the heck am I kidding. Ill probably buy it anyway :)

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks