Transformers Season 2 Part 1 cover art

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff*S*C*, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Jeff*S*C*

Jeff*S*C* Second Unit

From the Previews site:
    [​IMG]

2. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

Nice.

I just noticed the "Part 1". I was wondering how they were going to release Season 2 since there's approx more episodes in Season 2 than there are in 1 and 3 combined.

3. Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz Stunt Coordinator

Rhino Press Release:

TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2
    Rhino Home Video brings the first half of the extraordinarily popular animated show's second season to DVD for the first time. The collector's set includes 24 episodes plus extras and special features on four discs. The second half of the season will be available in April 2003.

TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 BOXED SET, SRP $59.95
    TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 1, SRP $19.95
    TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 2, SRP $19.95
    TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 3, SRP $19.95
    TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 4, SRP $19.95

VHS
    TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 BOXED SET, SRP $49.95

November 12, 2002.

4. Vince Chan

Vince Chan Stunt Coordinator

Awesome stuff, pretty reasonable price too.
    But you know, I haven't even seen a single box of the first season ANYWHERE in a Canadian brick-and-mortar store.. wierd.

-V

5. Ryan Potts

Ryan Potts Stunt Coordinator

Cool! I can't wait to add this to my growing collection. [​IMG]

6. Carl C

Carl C Stunt Coordinator

I just wish they (Rhino) would start doing the same with G.I. JOE! I undertstand that the initial Transformers discs out-sold the G.I. Joe ones, but there is no reason why they cannot put the same level of effort into some more Joe DVDs. It definitely has its fans.
    If there is one thing I hate, it's a studio just sitting on a license for no good reason, doing nothing. [​IMG]

7. Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz Stunt Coordinator

G.I. Joe, 2003.

8. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

I think the main customers for the Transformers series are people like me who grew up with it. I love reliving my childhood. I have a two-year-old son also, and he loves them too. I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be the same market for the GI Joe cartoons. I'd gladly shell out $50 per season for those as well.
    Yo Joe!
    [​IMG]

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

My son, 4, enjoys the G.I. Joe: The Movie disc enough that he would jump all over a season release. Same way he can't get enough of Transformers right now.

Bring on VOLTRON!!!

10. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

11. Chad A Wright

David,

Are the GI Joe and Transformer movies in the correct OAR? I'm assuming they are since you own them, but I wanted confirmation before I picked them up.

This conversation just makes me want GI Joe seasons that much worse. I've always liked Transformers, but GI Joe is even better.

12. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

He-Man was acknowledged as "coming" at the recent San Diego Comics Convention. Both the old and the new series.
    Hey, has anyone seen the new toys in stores? My local Wal-Mart started carrying the new Masters Of The Universe toys a few weeks ago with some "Beetle Basher" thingie, that had a He-Man toy in it. Then they carried the normal He-Man, Man-At-Arms, and Skeletor toys. The most recent thing they got in was a huge Castle Greyskull playset! [​IMG]
    But the COOL thing they got in just before the Greyskull playset were the Battle Sound He-Man and Battle Sound Skeletor action figures. $11.88 each, they have a button on the side where the characters speak classic lines like "By the Power of Greyskull" or "I will conquer Eternia". Not a large range of phrases, but cool weapons and some of the "armor" is removable (won't go into detail there; it's not much...mostly neckgear).
    The thing that makes these last two COOL are the VIDEOS that are packed with them!!! It's alas a VHS, but with one complete episode of He-Man on it, from beginning (Filmation logo...and a Hallmark logo edited in!) to end (including "lessons learned" and closing credits).
    Check this out:
    [​IMG]
    Skeletor comes with "The Problem With Power", and He-Man comes with either "Dragon Invasion" (which is the one I got) or "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance" (which showed up a couple of days later, and I would have preferred):
    [​IMG]
    $11.88 each at Wal-Mart. I expect Toys R Us and Target has these as well. There may be more video choices, but those are the three I saw, and all Amazon show.
    Whets my appetite for the DVDs...

13. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Anyone have the episode listing for the discs yet by any chance? I'm assuming they'll go in the order they aired again instead of production order.

14. Carl C

Carl C Stunt Coordinator

15. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Carl, I think you are referring to the five-part miniseries The Revenge Of Cobra, which aired in 1984. Season One aired in 1985 but there two five-part miniseries before that, A Real American Hero, which aired in 1983, and The Revenge Of Cobra, which aired in 1984. (See QKTheatre.com for more details.) I wonder how Rhino will handle the releases of the these two miniseries next year when they start releasing the series.

16. Carl C

Carl C Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, that's it! They had better release these if they intend on releasing Season sets.
    So, it's indeed now a WHEN (2003) and not an IF when it comes to more JOE DVDs?

17. Jerry Gracia

Jerry Gracia Supporting Actor

Cool, can't wait!

18. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

19. Chad A Wright

Not a fan of open matte, but at least it isn't panned and scanned. Does anyone else know about GI Joe the movie OAR?

20. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Ill pick up the next transformers set probably after the christmas holiday in december, along with a few other tv show sets with my x-mas/birthday money. There is so much coming out in November I have to have some restraint and hold off till then. Who the heck am I kidding. Ill probably buy it anyway :)

capt