What's new

Transformers Season 1 update (1 Viewer)

John Chow

Second Unit
There's a thread over in the coupons&bargains section where i mentioned that you can get it for around $40 or so with a $5 coupon from Samgoody.com

Regarding deepdiscountdvd, i have ordered probably about 10 or so dvds from them without any issues. They can be slow though, since they ship parcel post if you don't upgrade to priority, but I would say they are reliable.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
According to that review. They offer a stereo track!

Yay!

Unless....maybe they ACTUALLY remixed to 5.1?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Jeff,

Just bought mine and browsed through, it DOES have 5.1 AND 2,0 Stereo

A great box set..love the animation cells included!

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Just picked mine up at Best Buy for $50.

Can't wait to get home and check it out.

I feel like I've captured a piece of my childhood. This is so cool.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Amazon is being slow on shipping this one out.
I ordered on 4/17, but they are estimating delivery on 4/29! :frowning:

Mark McAlister

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine today at FYE for 49.99, I took it home and scanned through it, (mostly the extras, was short on time) and they did an outstanding job. Packaging is fabulous, I'm not much on the paper fold out box sets, but this is 'the exception to the rule'. Loads of extras, I can't wait to see what Season 2 looks like as well as what extras they come up with. This is a MUST have for the Transformer collector.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
is the 5.1 "Rhinophonic" or is it real?
It seems real enough! :D
My entire family sat down after dinner and watched "More Than Meets The Eye" Parts 1-3. We enjoyed the hell out of it, and the sound was DAZZLING in 5.1!! Even the credits music AND THE BUMPERS were in 5.1!!! :eek:
My wife and son finally learned the origins of the Transformers, and saw all those capabilities displayed only in the original pilot and never (or perhaps very rarely) again afterward (Autobots flying, hand-units turning into energy blades, Jazz's hand-winch, etc.).
It IS a kick-ass set, and Rhino is to be commended for the awesome work here. I plan to send them a note. I agree that a piece of my childhood has been recaptured...and I was a college freshman when this series came out! :laugh:
OPTIMUS RULES!

Todd_B

Second Unit
I just got done watching the first episode and rest assured that the audio mix is not like the mix present on the movie. It's really not that bad (does sound a weee bit overcooked in some parts though).
The video is very rich and I never remember those colors being so lively. :D
Overall I'm very pleased w/my purchase and here's to seeing more cartoons (done right) coming to our beloved shiny disks!
Todd B

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The only thing I would like to see on the next box sets is

#1-Plastic sleeve to hold the box set, so it doesn't fly open. Kind of like the Twin Peaks box set

#2-Label "Season 2" on the side. They should have put "Season 1" on this box set.

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
True, but if the typeface is color coded like the Star Trek DVDs then I don't mind it not indicating what season it is. Plus I don't even think of Transformers by seasons. I think of them in two parts: Before the Movie and After the Movie.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Just got a couple of e-mails back from DVD Planet's customer service department.

They say they have yet to recieve the box set from the studio and that as soon as they recieve it, they will send it.

I wonder what the problem is?

Britton

Screenwriter
Best Buy, Media Play, Suncoast AND FYE were all out of Transformer Boxed Sets here in Smyrna GA. I cannot believe it! Well, DDD will just have to get my money...

Chris M

Second Unit
It seems that neither Future Shop or A&B Sound in Canada even have this box listed as available. I know A&B Sound has the Rhino version of Transformers: The Movie available (Along with the Seville release). Wonder why they don't have the Season 1 set. I think I'll try to email Rhino to ask when and where they'll be releasing the set in Canada.

Chris.

MikeSilver

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like this boxset has no distributor in Canada, so we're going to be unable to "Transform and Roll Out!" unless we Canucks order from the U.S. :frowning:
I finally gave up a while back and ordered The Crow special edition from the U.S. It still has not appeared in Canada - over a year since it was released...
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks