What's new

Transformers Season 1 update (1 Viewer)

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent!

Transformers, Highlander, Star Trek! It seems that the season set craze has set in. Bring 'em on!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm very dissapointed that Rhino will not be releasing GI Joe Season 1 :frowning: I'll deal with Transformers though :)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Being the HUGE Transformers fan that I am I also bought the Canadian Beast Wars episodes on DVD. There are only a few, but it includes the pilot and an opening sequence for Beasties.
I want all seasons of Transformers on DVD. A friend of mine has all of the seasons including the Japanese episodes on VHS, but the quality is crap. I just hope Rino doesn't mess up with the pressing like they did for the Villians/Heroes discs.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I would easily pay cold hard cash for G.I. Joe season sets.

I was always partial to Transformers over G.I. Joe, and who could blame me? You could pick up a new Joe for $3.00, whereas a new Transformer would run you like $10...what do you think was easier to pester your parents into buying every trip to Wal-Mart?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Here's the episodes for season 1
PILOT MINI SERIES (1984)
0-1 More than Meets the Eye
0-2 "
0-3"
SEASON 1 (1984)
1-1 Transport to Oblivian
1-2 Roll For It
1-3 Divide & Conquer
1-4 S.O.S. Dinobots
1-5 Ultimate Doom (brainwash)
1-6 " (search)
1-7 " (Revival)
1-8 War of the Dinobots
1-9 Countdown to Extinction
1-10 Fire in the Sky
1-11 Heavy Metal War
1-12 Fire on the Mountain
1-13 A Plaque of Insecticons

Season 2 has 49 episodes
Season 3 has 30 episodes
Season 4 has 3 episdoes- the Rebirth Episodes

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Which season contains the "headmasters" and "targetmasters" episodes. I love the Rebirth series by the way.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Brad, Headmasters etc was an OVA (direct to video) in Japan. THere have been some horrific english dubs done of them, but they've never hit these shores officially

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Jeff,

I guess I don't mean the episodes, but rather the episode. Remember the one where The autobots and decepticons were marooned on some planet and were constantly attacked by robotic creatures. Then the autobots "made friends" with the good guys and the decepticons "helped evil" by helping the bad guys. Then they all took off their heads and the people of the planet and a couple of humans that were with the autobots became headmasters. I remember the "evil" leader, Lord Zarak, became the head for Scorpnok. That's the episode I am referring to. But I have watched the episodes that you are talking about. They are definately "Fan Dubs" because they practically all have English accents and even swear.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They're not fandubs. They were done for Malaysia I believe. There are many Australian dubbing outfits that suck really really hard (See the dub of Macross: Do You Remember Love aka Clash of the Bionoids). They make many US anime actors look Oscar worthy

It always baffles me why this twits try to seriously dub anything using them and their buddies. They lack the music&FX tracks, and most of them can't act a lick. Fan dubbing should remain the realm of parodies only

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks