What's new

Transformers season 1 UK vs US (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone here watched Transformers - The Complete Original Series (Deluxe Edition) from UK?
I was wondering if this UK version uses the same messed up versions of the episodes that were used for the US set.
(For those who don't already know, Rhino added in a bunch of sound effects that aren't supposed to be there, and there are a bunch of animation mistakes and missing visual effects that are new to Rhino's DVD release.)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If it's from the same company that did Transformers: The Movie, it's likely they just bought the masters from them

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well the DVD release of 'The Five Faces of Darkness' seems to have gone AWOL - I have it on order and noting has shipped yet. Still, it will come when it comes.
I haven't been looking for the UK Season 1 set being as I have the R1 set so cannot comment on general availability, but according to Blackstar the season 1 set is released and 'in stock' now.
Blackstar Listing

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well, I got my 'Five Faces of Darkness' DVD this morning and gave the first episode a quick spin.

The quality of the materials is appalling. No restoration work at all has been undertaken. Still, this season - still basking in the fall-out from the epic Movie is where Transformers became hard sci-fi. Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes!

However, when Maverick was releasing the season 1 discs individually they released them out of order as this was the order that they acquired the remastered episodes (presumably from Rhino Home Video) so I'm pretty sure the season 1 set should have the episodes taken from the same quality as the R1 season 1 set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks