What's new

Transformers Season 1 Boxset Early 2002- (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
From Davisdvd-
Rhino Video will be releasing a Transformers: Complete First Season box set of animated episodes in early 2002. The DVD set, to be released on VHS as well, will contain all 19 episodes which began airing in late 1984. Episodes include: More Than Meets the Eye (parts 1-3), Transport to Oblivion, Roll for It, Divide and Conquer, S.O.S. Dinobots, The Ultimate Doom (parts 1-3), War of the Dinobots, Countdown to Extinction, Fire in the Sky, Heavy Metal War, Fire on the Mountain and A Plague of Insecticons.
Can't wait to get it :)
Spero D.

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent news. TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT!
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
QUESTION!!!
Since it looks like the are going to release the cartoon in season sets, SHOULD I HOLD OFF ON BUYING THE Villians/Heros Episodes?
------------------

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
Back when the ol site was running I posted a good few updates on this, its great to see its finally coming.
Lets just hope that hasbro re-issue some of the toys like has been rumoured with the release.
The Heroes/Villains dvds aren't from this season John, so buy em if you want, but its probably best to wait for the boxsets to get everything in order IMO.
oh and there had better be toy commercials on the boxset :)
Correction:
The Villians dvd IS from this season. It is the ultimate doom parts 1-3.
So dont bother buying those discs because there's more than enough here.
[Edited last by paul o'donnell on October 14, 2001 at 05:29 AM]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
smiley_jawdrop.gif
Transformers complete first season!!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!
[Edited last by John Williamson on October 14, 2001 at 06:26 AM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
That's good news. My son is watching the T:TM disc for the umpteenth time, and I've GOT to find him some new material.
When I introduced him to this cartoon, I never dreamed he'd become obsessed with it. He likes the new Fox Kids series, too. He's got a movie poster above his bed and several of the new toys and he knows who "Prime" is on sight. Seesh, I've made a 3-year-old Frankenstein!
I won't mind walking down memory lane myself, obviously...
Hey! It'll be cool to see Reflector again! Did everyone else forget about that Decepticon?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
[Edited last by David Lambert on October 14, 2001 at 06:58 AM]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's a pretty amazing thing that's happening with the 'Transformers', I mean here we are, as adults who loved this show, now getting our kids into it, makes you feel kind of good doesn't it? I don't have kids, but a good friend of mine has a son who wasn't even thought about when we were into the Tramsformers in their heyday, and his son loves the movie too, and the thing I find funny is he really has no idea who these charactors are, he just knows them from the movie. It'll be nice to finally give these kids a chance to see them from the beginning and REALLY get to know them, then they will appreciate the movie even more!
So David, get ready, the little Frankenstein you've created is about to turn into Godzilla, as your son's interest will only increase when he see's these episodes! :)
If I remember correctly, 'Reflector' was the three Decepticons that united into a camera right?
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!
[Edited last by John Williamson on October 14, 2001 at 07:44 AM]

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
I hope they do the same for G.I.Joe. And I agree, those cheesy toy commercials would increase the nostalgia ten fold.
Ah, to be young again...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Reflector was the camera. Toy available by mail-in only, and going for $75-$100 or more easy on eBay.
biggrin.gif

Ah, yes...they should include all the toy commercials as extras on the DVD's! And the bits about "read about it in the marvel comic book!".
G.I. Joe would be cool, but my wife wants Jem!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
God, please tell me they don't redo it in "rhinophonic" sound.
Please.
I had to get rid of transformers the movie because the voices from all sides thing bugged me so badly.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna sell me their palm pilot?? Click here

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Anyone remember the Marvel comic series that featured both the Transformers and GI Joe?
------------------
-Dwayne
[Edited last by Dwayne on October 14, 2001 at 11:48 AM]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Vince, all you had to do was force your speakers into stereo mode. It worked great for me.
Jeff Kleist

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Vince, try getting the Canadian version of the Transformers movie. It has normal sounding Stereo.
Here it is at Future Shop. Link Removed
[Edited last by Kwang Suh on October 14, 2001 at 12:57 PM]

Brad_W

Screenwriter
SHOULD I HOLD OFF ON BUYING THE Villians/Heros Episodes?
If there is going to be a box set, then no. Especially since Heroes got messed up and has Villians on it too. I own both of these, but technically two copies of Villians. I would wait for the box set. I am very excited by this news.
If y'all want to see pics of my enormous... transformers collection, check out my Home Theater site.
Oh, I own three copies of the movie 1) US 2)Canadian 3)Japanese.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
This is awesome!!!
eek.gif

But how long before somebody gets on this thread and says,
"I don't like the Transformers because it was just a cheap vehicle used to sell toys." I'll never understand people like that.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks