Transformers: Robots In Disguise coming to FOX this fall!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark McAlister, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Mark McAlister

Mark McAlister Stunt Coordinator

Just thought I would let all of you Transformer fans out there know that FOX will be premiering Transformers: Robots In Disguise, (which is Transformers: Car Robots in Japan) September the 8th, (check your local listings for times). I really look forward to them returning to animation and not the crappy CGI that has plagued the Beast Wars series, as well as them returning to cars and vehicles rather than animals that are pretty much limited to their animal forms.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

And there's new toys out, too. Not as nice as the originals, but still pretty nice and, yeah, way cooler than the "Beast Wars" and "Beast Machines" era.

3. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Beast Wars was so lame
    I never got into that at all.
    I can't wait for this one though

4. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I'm amazed that there are people on HTF who love Transformers. This will be pretty cool.
    ------------------
    "I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson

5. Mark McAlister

Well, I grew up with the Transformers, and well they just 'rule'. I had over 300 of the toys and could not get enough of the things, but when they went to the Beast Wars crap, that was just not cool. If they would have followed the Japanese with the animated series, there were 5 or 6 ongoing series that didn't make it here, (with which a lot of work I have acquired) they would have kept the fan crave going strong.

6. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I'm confused about something here, are these episodes coming on FX new episode with the classic gang, reruns of the old classics fom the eighties, or just 'Beast Wars' with cel animation instead of CGI?
    ------------------
    The Multi Channel Animal's truly, madly, deeply in love with Estella Warren!

7. Mark McAlister

(From Rockman's great Transformer site) This series takes Transformers in a whole new (yet old) direction as we see the return of vehicle transformations. Come the fall of 2001, this series from Japan will be hitting US television under the name "Robots In Disguise".
    (Note: Japan took the Transformers in a slightly different direction and use names that were different than those that we know. For instance Fire Convoy, (in Japan), is actually Optimus Prime in America. You will find others that have been done this way as well. I am unsure as to whether they will use the names from Japan or use the names that the American audiences are use to. But wouldn't it be sooooo cool if they would get Peter Cullen to do the voice of Optimus Prime again. No one can compare to "Autobots, transform and role out".
    Episode guide (39 episodes)
    1. First Mission! Fire Convoy
    2. High Speed Battle! Gelshark
    3. Merge! Bullet Train Robo
    4. Ninja Robos - Spychangers are Here!
    5. Dsperate Jump! Machalert
    6. Revenge of Gigatron!
    7. Speedbreaker's Crisis
    8. Mysterious Weapon! D5
    9. Counterarrow is a Traitor?
    10. Run Wild! Indy Heat!!
    11. A Parking Violation! Wrecker Hook
    12. The Ultimate! Giant Buddha Transformer
    13. Expose Gigatron's Ambition! (Clip show)
    14. Friend or Foe? Black Convoy
    15. Robot Gestault! Baldigus
    16. Duel! The Two Convoys!
    17. Aim From Space! Shuttler!!
    18. Awaken to Justice! Black Convoy
    19. Secret Operations! Gelshark
    20. Hot-blooded Warriors! The Buildmasters
    21. 4-Robo Combination! Build King
    22. Gelshark's a Good Guy?
    23. The Hunted Buildmasters
    24. Debut! God Magnus
    25. Enforced Combination! God Fire Convoy
    26. Assemble, New Warriors! (Clip Show)
    27. Backs to the Wall! The 3 Car Robot Brothers!
    28. Open! Double Matrix
    29. Arise! Autobot City
    30. JRX VS Baldigus
    31. Gelshark's Trap
    32. The Last Key? Farewell, Ai
    33. Plasma is Captured
    34. The Mystery of Brave Maximus
    35. Gelshark's Dejection
    36. Ambition of Black Convoy
    37. Activation of Brave Maximus!
    38. Revenge! Devil Gigatron
    39. The Last Battle! Fire Convoy

8. Mark McAlister

Transformers Car Robots takes place in a slightly different universe than that of the original Transformers. In Car Robots, it is the year 2001 and the Cybertrons (Autobots) have integrated themselves completely into human society, sometimes even acting as vehicles for humans. As part of this integration, they have modified everything from buildings to roadways to serve their purpose: protect Earth from invasion. These protectors are truly more than meets the eye.
    All seems peaceful until one day, the Destrongers arrive. Led by the powerful Gigatron, it is rumored that the Destrongers come from another time and place. The Cybertrons are called into action and must face their new enemy with all their abilities and teamwork in a battle of robots in disguise. Along the way, the Cybertrons befriend Yuki, a young boy whose father plays a mysterious part in Gigatron's plans.
    As the adventure of Car Robots continues, familiar faces return in unfamiliar roles. Robots resembling everyone from the classic Combaticons to the legendary Fortress Maximus appear helping to pay true homage to the original Transformers series. The knock down, drag out fight continues!