What's new

Transformers Armada (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
One big pile o' suck. I didn't expect much from this show, and it looks like I won't be disappointed. I, of course, loved the original series, thought BW was okay, really enjoyed BM, but I flat out hated RID and didn't care for this new one, either. Ranting and raving is fun. :) And don't even get me started on the new "toys"...
mike.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
The premise to me isnt bad at all and i pretty much enjoyed it. But they kept repeating the same stuff over and over in the story. . Its like they didnt think of enough stuff for a 1 1/2 hour show. But ill give it a chance, but i will probably watch it no matter what :)

Capt

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
In a word, it's a big pile of CR*P! The voice acting alone is enough to deserve this but the whole thing deserves the rating. I'm just way too old to tolerate a show like this and most likely wouldn't watched it when I was a kid. I loved the original series and the movie where Optimas Prime died and some of the others. After that, I quit watching alltogether because none of them were the quality of the '80s shows. Too bad, I would've like to have a real good re-make.

Jeffrey

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Very disappointing. I'll watch a few episodes to see if it gets better, but I'm not too hopeful. Although a DragonballZ fan told me he thought that series didn't have a good start, but turned out great.

So we'll see.

My biggest peave is tricking us with voice acting on Optimus Prime. His first line of dialogue seemed to be lifted straight from the soundtrack of the TF movie, which fooled me into thinking it was Peter Cullen. And there was one other line that might have been lifted from the original series. But other than that, it was someone else.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Being a transformers fan from when it started back in the 80's, I could barely get through the first minute of this. Awful voice acting, way too anime for me. Also, why did they change the way some Transformers looked (e.g. Megatron) while leaving others closer to the way they originally were (e.g. Optimus Prime)?

I enjoyed the He-Man despite its weaknesses, but Armada was just plain awful.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
After "Generation 3" there were several direct to video series that weren't bad, but anything that's been made remotely recently has been abysmal. Transformers Car Robots (Robots in Disguise) was grossly horrific, and this is not much better.

Thumbs down to any pretenders to the throne!

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I simply did not like this movie at all. So many times while watching this on my Dish Network PVR, i just wanted to stop and delete it. I just hoped it would get better but it didn't. It seemed to me they are trying to hard to gear the show to hard to kids who watch Pokemon. Like the references "Wicked Cool". How my heart sunk hearing that. :D
Being a fan of the original 80's show and the original movie, i didn't watch to much of the Transformer shows that were produced in the 90's so i'm not sure how this new movie relates to the other shows and on that point, where does this new movie relate to the original 80's show.
As for the voice over work, it was terrible. It was funny how they can't get Peter Cullen to voice Optimus Prime, but they can get him to do the voice overs for the Transformer's bumper spots :)
I know the guy that did the original Starscream voice over work died in the early 90's.
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks