What's new

Transformers Armada -- Why Not Season Sets? (1 Viewer)

Cory-C

Grip
Why the break in the trend of releasing Transformers in season sets? I am avoiding purchasing the single discs in hopes for a season set, but I am also worried that low sales of the individual discs could kill/delay a season release at all.

I just don't want to get suckered into what happened with both G1 and Beast Wars where the indiv. discs came out first.

Anyone heard anything?

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
G1 and Beast Wars sets are released for the adult audiences.

Transformers Armada is being released for parents and the kiddies so it's getting single volumes.

This is pretty much the norm when it comes to animated series. There are exceptions (Spongebob comes to mind), but overall this is pretty consistent.

Ben Harpold

Agent
I think Armada will be released eventually as a whole season set. G1 and Beast wars were both released as volumes initially. There are enough adults fans of Armada, RID, Beast Machines and the currently running Energon series to warrant complete sets.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I agree, Armada, like Robots in disguise before it, is being aimed at kids, hence the single volumes. Neither of those series really caught on with older fans like G1 and the Beast Wars series, so a box set makes less sense.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
From TVShowsonDVD:

Also, my brother just sent me a link to a site that shows changes that were made to the Japanese version: http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-...da-legend.html

If I understand correctly, most of the show is animated in Korea. But the Japanese re-animated some of the stuff that the Koreans screwed up. The American version of the show (Armada) contains the screwed up animation, and the Japanese version (Micron Legend) contains the corrected versions of these scenes.

On that page (which is in Japanese), you can tell the American screenshots apart from the rest because they have the Cartoon Network logo in the corner of the screen.

I wonder which versions Rhino will use?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks